Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving in may

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    How nice, what a great idea!

We used to have Virginia ham for Thanksgiving, and it was a very complex undertaking involving buying the hams years earlier and hanging them in the attic and even moving them from house to house when we moved. Then there was the scraping off of the mold and the boiling of them. I remember my parents saying that people bought the ham when their daughter was born and then hung it and served it when their daughter was married.
    Oh no Tybee, that part about the scraping of the mold is scaring me!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Oh no Tybee, that part about the scraping of the mold is scaring me!
    In retrospect, I am wondering how we survived--it's so bizarre.

I don’t think any of us are excited about eating a traditional thanksgiving dinner but just the fact that we didn’t have to answer the poll that yes we had died of covid. I only decided we would do thanksgiving when I remembered the turkey has been in the freezer for six months.

DH and I are trying cannabis-infused beverages for the first time, and the flavor is cranberry sage. It is quite delicious and the flavor certainly has a Thanksgiving vibe to it (on this 90 degree day).

Apparently rutabaga is not in Safeway’s computer. So the clerk just put it in the bag and said ‘enjoy your thanksgiving’ and have it to me for free!

jp1, did you have your Thanksgiving dinner? How did it go? I hope you had a good visit.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Totally awesome you made lemonade out of covid lemons. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

When polish relatives came to visit I made thanksgiving in June.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    jp1, did you have your Thanksgiving dinner? How did it go? I hope you had a good visit.
    They left this morning. It was lovely. And a lot of fun hanging out with my sister and her wife. Plus my sister knows enough about electricity (from 8th grade electric shop class, an admittedly dubious level of education, but 3 days later the house hasn't burned down from an electrical fire and neither of us got electrocuted!) that she was able to help us flip a switch that the electrician put in upside down, figure out that a dead outlet really is dead, etc). SO did all the cooking and the weather was much better than in november so we were able to have thanksgiving in our backyard on the deck! Tonight will be turkey pot pies for dinner.

dinner.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

So glad you had a good time. Funny story about sis and her electrical knowledge.

Thread Information