Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Miss Covid?

Yppej

Do You Miss Covid?

A customer at work said he missed covid. He went to the coast over the weekend and the traffic was horrible the entire way there and back due to pent up demand for recreation. Last year he said by comparison hardly anyone was on the road.

I would imagine others enjoyed working from home, or not working at all and making more in unemployment than when they did work.

Personally I do not miss covid.

yea the ridiculous world that doesn't exist where people enjoy unemployment (rather than spend the entire time worrying about where their next job is coming from and sinking into depression) yea right. the uncertainty about the future, makes that enjoyment impossible, unemployed is not some kind of equivalent to retired with a pension, it's unemployed and who knows where one will get money in the future and thoughts about future destitution etc. who enjoys that?

working at home, one might or might not like that, but noone likes unemployment, it sucks, it's hell, I would wish it on my enemies , but only them

I'm pretty burned out now, as it's been work work work nonstop, and so it is, but when I got work after being unemployed near a year, working felt like vacation. Work was the new vacation. That's unemployment.
    Trees don't grow on money

I work in health care so my life didn't change much. Kinda wish I had some time to spend at home; definitely would have buzzed my hair even shorter than I do now. From April last year to April this year I was dealing with my late cousin's house, clearing it out. It was nice not having any traffic on the hour drive down there. However, dealing with probate and trying to donate things was tough, as everything was closed or not open to public.

Several years ago during Hurricane Sandy we lost power for four days. I really enjoyed not having internet and television. We listened to a radio station from Ontario at night, played cards, Scrabble, read. I miss the simplicity of it.

If it were gone I wouldn't miss it. But since it is still around and we continue to have 24,000 new cases and 695 deaths daily I hardly think it is gone.

Get a F&%*ing grip on reality. https://www.google.com/search?q=us+c...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Good to know you think it's gone. Your MO is consistent. Sigh..........

Haagen Daaz Peanut Butter Chocolate anyone?

Mango sherbet for me.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

For all the ice cream lovers out there I don't think Yppej is talking about the disease, but rather about its effect on everyday life. I'm happy to see restaurants allowing diners inside and school children being allowed back into classrooms and sports and entertainment venues return to business so no, I don't miss Covid's effect on society and our everyday lives.

As a matter of fact, I was somewhat annoyed during our annual Christmas at the beach outing when our normally quiet and serene 10 days on the coast turned into something resembling spring break. It seems that lots of people who were unable to travel as they might traditionally do rented RV's and went to the beach with us. The staff at last years campsite told us that it was their busiest Christmas ever.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I can see missing work from home if your company calls you back, or missing less traffic on the roads. I've heard introverts lament they won't have a ready excuse to avoid social events. I imagine a lot of people will try to incorporate a more laid-back attitude into their lives.

My B and B owning neighbor said the last 6 months has been his busiest in a long time. People who can’t go to the Caribbean go to Hermann, MO.

Let see, Covid hit and business went UP, not down. For most, their hours went down, mine didn't. I offered to take time off, didn't happen.
    So the owner/friend dies, and the brother/other owner, gives me his brothers salary (effectively a pay cut for me), I am asked to move into his house (take care of the cat), hours pick up some more and I start dealing with estate issues as well as taking over paying the bills, taxes, PPP stuff (and finding missing paperwork, etc). Now, people are going stir crazy for us to open back up, although they understand it will be a few more weeks (awaiting some supplies yet, as supply delivery services get back up to speed, vacations that were scheduled MONTHS ago, hits the weeks people are allowed to open, etc).
    As so many, we are having help issues, and my hours are going to be going up.......
    I could go on and on.....

I think I miss chocolate pie, like grandma used to make (chocolate pudding). Miss covid, no.

It will take some getting used to crowds and traffic everywhere again. The tourist spots here are so full of people that we just stay away - not because of covid but just because it is unpleasant.

Thread Information