Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Return of Paul Ryan

It will be interesting to see if he can get all but 5 Republican senators and 20ish house members, to accept reality. I won’t hold my breath. From what I can tell he’s part of the past as far as the Republican Party goes, not the future.

I think extending the Trump trend into the far future is probably a mistake. I also think it’s possible to move away from the Trump cult without the kind of self-flagellation some folks seem to think is necessary.

I think the best treatment of Trump is to ignore him. I think Ryan was right not to mention his name. I still maintain the Trump phenomenon was a joint effort of right wing and left wing outrage addicts.

I agree that ignoring trump would be the best plan. Yet only a small handful of Republican politicians are willing to do so. Perhaps if he’s indicted for tax fraud or something else they will change their tune. In the meantime they’ve made clear that they have no plan of doing so anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I agree that ignoring trump would be the best plan. Yet only a small handful of Republican politicians are willing to do so. Perhaps if he’s indicted for tax fraud or something else they will change their tune. In the meantime they’ve made clear that they have no plan of doing so anytime soon.
    I fear his faithful sheeple will follow him all the way to prison. It's pathetic the mountain of lies don't matter.

Thread Information