Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scale of one to ten.....

Probably about 7-8. The main difference being my kids remote schooling.

Maybe 5 as i'm still working at home much of the time. Since work is much of life ... But see that's not a normal I really WANT to return to, the office 5 days a week - that normal sucks. Being all that happened in the last year in truth I'm too psychologically scarred to just go back to 2019 anyway, it's not really possible. They don't talk about that do they, that living through the last year changes one. But some semblance of life returns, i eat at restaurants, i don't have to keep 6 feet away from people etc.. Masks are required here for a few more weeks.
    Trees don't grow on money

I think I'm at 10. Having been retired now for a few years this past year didn't have much abnormal effect on me. Yeah, I had to wear a mask in the grocery store and had to wait longer for a table at Cracker Barrell while roaming the country last summer but those were minor inconveniences. I've never been much bothered by anxiety or depression so it's not like I now have an opportunity to emerge from dark places, so I guess my 'normal' has never changed.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Reading some of the responses it struck me that it depended on one's interests and priorities being met.

Some love international travel, others stay local; some love recreational shopping, some are happy with Amazon; some love fine dining, some prefer homemade or takeout; some, like me, love live theatre, some love TV; some live close to family and have a social bubble, some live far from those dear; some have satisfying work or able to work from home, some seeking employment; and so on.

Still interesting to see the viewpoints.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

A 9 for me. The only thing missing now is international travel and festivals. The festivals are coming back this summer.

At least 9, maybe 10--it's hard to tell, because being without a car has probably had more of an impact than COVID did.

I'm gonna go with 6.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Different, but much better job. Working in an office now. Still diving and traveling by car throughout the Great Lakes region.

Very little has changed for me. Life much as it was pre-plague.

I’d say a 9.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ociety/619045/

haha, excellent. It can be called depression with some justice, or it could be called acedia. having made it through a book called "The Sixth Battle of Acedia: Meaninglessness - a Mid-Life Opportunity" during the pandemic.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I read that article yesterday and was considering using it in a reply to another thread. You beat me to it!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information