Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New couch? Was $698 but now is $2598 due to tariffs

Even furniture coming from the Far East has ridiculous lead times right now. Materials for US made furniture are scarce. Appliances have a long lead time, too.
    like I've said, one should wait a year or so until things settle down. Furniture and appliances is almost never the kind of thing one needs right now with a few exceptions (bed so falling apart it causes back pain etc., i have been there).
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Even furniture coming from the Far East has ridiculous lead times right now. Materials for US made furniture are scarce. Appliances have a long lead time, too.
    About appliances…I ordered a dishwasher which was supposed to be delivered in April. Not here yet. I ordered it around mid January, with the manufacture of this specific model, an apartment size dishwasher with a panel, was held off during Covid time. It is a somewhat speciality item.

Fortunately I am in no hurry. People who need appliances right away are probably having to accept whatever limited supply models are available.

I’m thinking right now I should probably get my decision made for the Hermann house to order that stove. Unfortunately It is the stove color that is slowing down my entire Decor decision.

Ah yea as a renter I thought mostly small appliances which can wait, but if the washer can't be fixed, it would be bad and if the stove doesn't work. A dishwasher, I don't have anyway. But most furniture, why join in the madness going on now is what I figure kinda. Though if I could get exactly what I want now maybe.
    Trees don't grow on money

Stoves are an easy work around, it seems to me with portable burners (induction!), grills, pressure cookers, convection ovens widely available.

Thread Information