Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scale of one to ten.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Scale of one to ten.....

How "normal" is your life today in terms of how similar it was before the pandemic began? Put me down for 6. You? Rob

Yppej
    It depends where you live. I would say 5. Even as restrictions start to go away there are supply and labor shortages, and the huge deficits will be with us as long as I live.

I'd probably go with a 7. I've never been much for dining out, luxury travel, or large gatherings so similar on those fronts. Plus it looks like things are trying to get back to normal.

Which end is normal, which end is abnormal?
    Working a butt load of hours, went up during the pandemic, after only going down SLIGHTLY in 2019 from 2018, when an owner was out for yet another surgery and I was averaging 80 hours a week.

Even with most restrictions still in place, I am a 6 and have been all along. Few family visits, no live theatre and no impromptu dinners. I still walk my dog 5km/day, visit with family/friends online or phone or meet on the walks, do a lot more online activities that were not available before and I will continue going forward.

I find that people have changed for the better with recognition of the importance of regular social interaction which they hope to continue doing.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'd say 8. We never did a lot of going out anyway, and now the only thing is, 75% of the business are not requiring masks, so it gives a greater feeling of normalcy.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I'd probably go with a 7. I've never been much for dining out, luxury travel, or large gatherings so similar on those fronts. Plus it looks like things are trying to get back to normal.
    7 for me.

Withhin a two week period I will have attended a luncheon, two in-person meetings, and a 2 day workshop held inside. That is a lot of “back to normal” but my garden club ladies and plant societies still are not meeting in person which is fine with me.

9 and I'm assuming 10 means "the same as before". The only "things" missing from pre-covid are my 2 monthly quilting group gatherings that were 1 hour each.

I would have to go down to probably about 2. My "normal" has changed dramatically and I'm STILL trying to adjust to it. No matter how much things "open up", etc. I'm still left dealing with a new normal. But, as with all things, given time - I will eventually adjust.

But, again, put me down for a 2.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Maybe a 4 as I no longer know what normal will mean going into the future.

Thread Information