Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Frugals

Yppej

June Frugals

Used Kohls cash towards a couple pairs of shorts. I now have something to wear working in the yard that doesn't dig into my skin. It is mainly elasticized. Yes I am at that old lady stage. The other pair is denim for going places.

Bought a watertight case at a sporting goods store as the key for my new car will not fit in the old case I have. It and other ones I looked at online are "not intended for full submersion" but I don't put my head under the water since I wear contacts and if I do swim like to do the backstroke so I think I will be fine.

Meeting up with a friend of mine tomorrow at an admissions free park. She has a son who lives with her but is estranged from her, and we can relate to and support each other in ways others cannot.

Today was our town wide yard sale. Normally we participate as sellers. but had a previous engagement, as well as not ready to have people traipse around the yard. The frugal part - did not GO to any of the yard sales in the area - wanted nothing, purchased nothing! LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Jeppy: I'm glad you are finally able to get the clothes you need.
    Happy: You demonstrated remarkable self restraint!
    We were considering takeout this weekend since we are in a heat wave, but DH made a plate of fried chicken cutlets and a chicken salad yesterday morning, before it got too hot. There is definitely enough to feed us for another day or so.
    I also found a nice 5-gallon bucket by the river and brought it home. These come in handy for gardening and all sorts of other things, so you just can't have too many, lol. It was also litter where it was, so a small win-win.

Yppej
    Spent $5 less on groceries than the weekend before. I am not as hungry when it is warm out. The boss said he will stock the freezer at work with popsicles since the A/C at work is anemic.

Had an eight dollar date night--went to next town for dog food and then next town from that to the lake for ice cream cones, sat on a bench and looked at the water and ate raspberry sherbet. I told husband it was actually "date afternoon" since we left around 4.

Great find, rr! I agree - the buckets come in handy.

Sweet date "afternoon", Tybee.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I have a pair of white flip flops with fake flowers by the toes that collected dust. I cut the flowers off and now have a basic white that is better.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Jeppy: I'm glad you are finally able to get the clothes you need.
    Happy: You demonstrated remarkable self restraint!
    We were considering takeout this weekend since we are in a heat wave, but DH made a plate of fried chicken cutlets and a chicken salad yesterday morning, before it got too hot. There is definitely enough to feed us for another day or so.
    I also found a nice 5-gallon bucket by the river and brought it home. These come in handy for gardening and all sorts of other things, so you just can't have too many, lol. It was also litter where it was, so a small win-win.
    we hoard 5 gallon buckets!

I love 5 gallon buckets, they are so handy when weeding, hauling tools to the always remote place... yard tool bucket, stool for picking blueberries.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I love 5 gallon buckets, they are so handy when weeding, hauling tools to the always remote place... yard tool bucket, stool for picking blueberries.
    Excellent also for sharing plants with neighbors, as you don't really care if they ever make it back.

Also planting trees from seed.

Thread Information