Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: June Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    June will come in under budget but depending when I get home repairs done and how much they cost other months may not, which would blow my goal of staying on budget eight or more months this year. For instance, next month I have quarterly real estate taxes so anything else big will blow the budget. I already lost three months to computer, car repairs, hot water heater, and new car. If I miss my annual goal I will make it a resolution for next year. Trying again is better than giving up.
    But if your budget doesn't include necessary repairs to cars, house, etc, dont you have to increase your budget?

I say this as a non-budgeter. just do not like “budgeting.” Things cost what they cost.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But if your budget doesn't include necessary repairs to cars, house, etc, dont you have to increase your budget?

I say this as a non-budgeter. just do not like “budgeting.” Things cost what they cost.
    My budget is aspirational, based on my saving half my take home pay, which I don't have to do, and don't do when I have to pay for things like that. Budget is probably not the best term. It's more a spending goal.

Jeppy: Just my two cents, but I think I would maybe set something like a goal and a stretch goal. It appears (at least from here) that you are quite frugal indeed, and I would find it discouraging if I deemed myself as having failed whenever I paid for something like a necessary home or car repair. However, we do have to do whatever works for our own unique mindsets.

Thread Information