Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why every statue should come down

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I would think that even Strom Thurmond might think it odd that all this time later the Democratic Party is still fixated on race as a means to divide people and make their members feel better about themselves.
    But he'd surely be pleased that the republican party is still using race to whip up fear and get votes.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    But he'd surely be pleased that the republican party is still using race to whip up fear and get votes.
    Since the Democratic Party and 90% of our media have fully committed to the all race all the time agenda I can see how you might think any resistance would be bad, especially since the agenda requires everyone to be on board or face the consequences.

I used to think that sort of thing was amusing in a shoot yourself in the foot sort of way, but I'm now concerned that the racial agenda has become bullet proof. Reason, fair play and equality are now seen as negative characteristics, hopefully that will soon run its course and we can stop arguing about all this foolishness.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Since the Democratic Party and 90% of our media have fully committed to the all race all the time agenda I can see how you might think any resistance would be bad, especially since the agenda requires everyone to be on board or face the consequences.

I used to think that sort of thing was amusing in a shoot yourself in the foot sort of way, but I'm now concerned that the racial agenda has become bullet proof. Reason, fair play and equality are now seen as negative characteristics, hopefully that will soon run its course and we can stop arguing about all this foolishness.
    Spoken like a true privileged white man.

Edited to add: I know the above statement reads somewhat nasty, but I really don't mean it that way... rather, to call it foolishness and wait for the whole thing to go away is something that is more often said by someone who is not on the receiving end of negative racism.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Spoken like a true privileged white man.

Edited to add: I know the above statement reads somewhat nasty, but I really don't mean it that way... rather, to call it foolishness and wait for the whole thing to go away is something that is more often said by someone who is not on the receiving end of negative racism.
    See, that's the kind of foolishness I was referring to, isn't being called a privileged white man for not thinking and speaking in the correct way a form of negative racism?

Must we always defend ourselves against negativity for not following the popular agenda?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

See, that's the kind of foolishness I was referring to, isn't being called a privileged white man for not thinking and speaking in the correct way a form of negative racism?

Must we always defend ourselves against negativity for not following the popular agenda?
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!! You objected to being called a "privileged white man" and you spoke up and said something! You defended yourself against the negativity, just as - in my opinion - you should. Just as others are standing up to defend themselves.

In my opinion it's not about a "correct way of speaking", but being non-racist to begin with. You may call it following a "proper agenda", but I call it an agenda with issues that have been a long time needing to be addressed - not trivialized and hoping it "runs its course". I don't think it is foolishness.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

"Fair play" Bwahaha. Two words--Mitch McDonnell.

I recognize there are exceptions, but I don't recognize "fair play" as an inhabitant of the Republican universe.Their gold-plated deck is permanently stacked in their favor.

Thomas Sowell once said something to the effect that if you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, then you would have been called a radical sixty years ago, a liberal thirty years ago and a racist today.

As we move from talking about “equality” to talking about “equity”, I think he was on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Thomas Sowell once said ......
    I love Thomas Sowell, another of my favorites: “Racism does not have a good track record. It's been tried out for a long time and you'd think by now we'd want to put an end to it instead of putting it under new management.

The only thing where judging people by the same standards can make much sense is the legal system, I mean it collapses into a nonsense statement when applied to anything else (I suppose one may do some judging in their personal life, it seems insignificant). And in the legal system it's never been the case.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information