Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Contested guardianship

One component of my daily "uniform" consists of an LLBean jacket/fleece/sweatshirt that is perfect because it is mid-weight, comfortable, looks nice, has a hood, and has multiple pockets inside and out--a couple of them zippered! I have three of them in different colors. I've given up on sweaters. Half the time they look frumpy and they usually don't have pockets. What good are they?

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1220...dhistory&csp=a

ETA: How did we get off on this tangent?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It’s a shame that your brother and dad aren’t willing to address that your mom shouldn’t be driving. I understand why she wants to shop herself as it’s a activity she really enjoys so one of them should take her and the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    One component of my daily "uniform" consists of an LLBean jacket/fleece/sweatshirt that is perfect because it is mid-weight, comfortable, looks nice, has a hood, and has multiple pockets inside and out--a couple of them zippered! I have three of them in different colors. I've given up on sweaters. Half the time they look frumpy and they usually don't have pockets. What good are they?

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1220...dhistory&csp=a

ETA: How did we get off on this tangent?

Big fan of pockets as well. Love cargo pants and cargo shorts!!! LOL. As for tangents - it's normal conversation, isn't it?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I also like pockets and have a small cross body purse that I wear for hands free shopping.

Since we are into a pocket discussion, I like one with a zipper for my keys, two large for keeping my hands warm and holding my cell phone. I solved all of the pocket issues by buying a a flat fanny pack. It goes with me on every walk and I wear gloves.
    The curse of pockets is a leftover tissue and laundering so for me the minimum # of pockets the better.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Our petition for conservatorship was approved by the court. Now the really hard part is in front of us, getting her into the assisted living place we have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Our petition for conservatorship was approved by the court. Now the really hard part is in front of us, getting her into the assisted living place we have chosen.
    That must be a huge relief!

At least, the judgement was fairly promptly handed down. Wishing you well in the transition.

The possible positive is that she will discover that the assisted living situation is putting her in contact with peers which so many older seniors find a relief after struggling on their own.

Is there a geriatric professional that can assist all of you in implementing the move?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So glad to hear, herbgeek. I agree with razz that even if it's a difficult transition, she may quickly settle in to a routine she enjoys.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Such great news, herbgeek! Does she remember the hearing? My mother does not, so she has forgotten.

They told her that her room had to be repaired for safety reasons and she had to move into a new room until they could finish repairs on the old room.

She is so much happier at memory care that she stopped asking about why she had moved in about three days, and seems to like the new room at memory care.

Thread Information