Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June Purge

Yppej

June Purge

Now that DS is away I threw out three rugs that have been sitting around rolled up collecting crumbs, lint, etc. He decided rugs trap too many germs and wanted the hardwood floor in his room instead. But he never wants to throw anything away. Trash is not taken out until Monday so if he comes home before then he may notice, or he may at some future point. I bought the rugs to go in his room when he was a child so he may consider them his. I consider them a household furnishing. We can't discuss it since he refuses to communicate with me so I am making an executive decision.

Also found light bulbs he had laying around in the guest room which I put in some empty sockets. It is liberating to do these simple things to make the house nicer. I also took down the curtains in the two rooms that had them after seeing on HGTV it is a dated look and blinds (which the windows also had) are the way to go. I don't think he will care about the window treatments.

I've been going through the bathroom cupboard again. Everything gets posted on my FB Buy Nothing group. Gone are 4 unused lipsticks, 3 handmade soaps and bath scrub mitt. In the kitchen I got rid of 3 skillets. I used to use all I have but for some reason my cooking process has changed since retiring. I've set out other things that are gone but I can't remember.

I flung some frozen (garden) foods to a woman having surgery and needing a bit of support. She can do some quick heat ups on the stove and get good nutrition.

Have found homes for all the kids' old musical instruments!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I flung some frozen (garden) foods to a woman having surgery and needing a bit of support. She can do some quick heat ups on the stove and get good nutrition.
    That is actually very thoughtful of you!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

took another load to the thrift store yesterday - Since we moved on the 25th, this is the third trip. This trip was mostly pictures and stuff to put on walls.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    I cleaned out my wallet and also my bulletin board at home.

Not exactly purging, but planted a whole lot of seeds that I had collected in a new annual flower bed, fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Not exactly purging, but planted a whole lot of seeds that I had collected in a new annual flower bed, fingers crossed.
    That is purging!

tybee, not only purging, but creating beauty for later in the summer!

That is the hope, that it will turn the load of dirt that the road trenching guy dumped in the front year into an annual cutting bed, with only a few hours of effort!

Thread Information