Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Non-Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    So may I pick your brain and benefit from your personal experience - what brands of shoes do you use/recommend?

That is so nice about her fiance and so happy you are able to go share their special day.
    I worked in Birkenstock Bostons. Closed toes required.

These days most cities have foot fitting specialty stores and they are worth the cost. The one I go to is a local family-owned store and has a Podiatrist on staff 2d/week who evaluates customers who have foot pain. (She is $25/visit and spent nearly an hour with me). She made me custom orthotics to use in non-Birkenstock shoes to alleviate severe heal pain I had d/t a ruptured Bursa. Those things were a miracle! My everyday closed shoes are Propet.

My sister has been put into Dansko and Keen only. She requires a very high arch as well as footbed support for her chronic plantar fasciitis. With these shoes, she does not need orthotics.

If your foot does not feel supported at every spot, they aren't right for you. So many options out there from flat foot to super high arch, to posterior high arch (my anatomy).

Thank you so much, Gardnr. I'm saving your post.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Happy to report that my feet seemed to do very well in the new shoes! I should have gone "wide" a long time ago - LOL. I will be trying the second pair tonight - maybe keeping the first pair in the car... just in case.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Good to hear this. What other discomforts have you been dealing with that could be addressed with some self-care? For me, good undies make a huge difference that I am finally prioritizing.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Good to hear this. What other discomforts have you been dealing with that could be addressed with some self-care? For me, good undies make a huge difference that I am finally prioritizing.
    LOL - funny you should mention undies. I tackled the bra issues early on in this job. No other issues are coming to find at the moment, but I'm sure they are there... lurking... waiting to raise their ugly heads once the feet feel better.

Thread Information