Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day

My favorite holiday. I live in the country where an entitled British royal flees to and whines about the “bonkers” First Amendment; but can’t do any more about it than his ancestors could. I’m grateful to those clever, cynical, imperfect founders who set the whole thing up to frustrate the ambitions of the people who promise to save us if only we hand them a little more power. We’ve got it in writing.

I plan on celebrating in potentially unhealthy ways, and ignoring the whiners who want me to apologize for being American. Not going to happen.

Happy 4th of July! I plan to celebrate in unhealthy ways as well. LOL. Hope everyone enjoys their day!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I’m glad to be free of the shackles of the oppressors, King George and his progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m glad to be free of the shackles of the oppressors, King George and his progeny.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Happy Independence Day, all you USians out there! Our flag is out, I'm about to cook eggplant lasagna, and we may duck out to see some fireworks tonight. Otherwise it's our first full day off in quite a while. We'll enjoy our freedom from activities with a deadline.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

No fireworks in our county--too dry so they were banned, thank goodness. It's been peacefully quiet here.

I plan on celebrating in a most American way---attending a minor league baseball game. I may even have a hotdog. They sell Cracker Jack too. Hold the peanuts.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

So far, it's been quiet here --except for the screaming children down the street (aren't they grown and gone yet? ) Not a hint of the usual shelling that has traditionally gone on here. Chalk up one for the wildlife!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Don't go into shock, folks. I am wearing a dark blue shirt with the US Flag on it and that says USA on it - .29 at the sold by weight Goodwill in Nogales, AZ. Why? The $3,200 USD during the pandemic, the unemployment insurance add-on from the Federal Government, and due to the kick ass vaccine roll out that the EU, Canada, and Australia were not able to duplicate for their citizens. Surprise! Rob

With all our countries faults I am grateful to live here. Despite not being able to practice her profession here my DIL would rather live here than Poland. Her standard of living is much better. Most people there don’t have AC because they can’t afford the electricity cost to run it. That’s why most people in Europe don’t have clothes dryers.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    No fireworks in our county--too dry so they were banned, thank goodness. It's been peacefully quiet here.

I plan on celebrating in a most American way---attending a minor league baseball game. I may even have a hotdog. They sell Cracker Jack too. Hold the peanuts.
    hahaha banning. As if.

As if that made any difference to the troglodytes who have been shooting fireworks here now since early June. The illegality of the fireworks in our city is just one more illegality to embrace.

Thread Information