Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Solstice to Lughnasadh

Solstice to Lughnasadh

I’m back?

I read the last thread but wasn’t ready to post. My brain is still scatters, and I had a really hard time trying to set goals and intentions yesterday, but I’ve come up with a few thoughts. More areas to work on than specific goals, so I will set time goals.for some.

work on my outdoor areas/homestead goals 14 hours a week
    work on/in my pottery studio 14 hours a week
    (both of those I would like to do consistently in two hour daily blocks, but weather and other events happen)
    clean out and organize my scullery space
    get the basement in better order
    get my materials in order to plan classes for fall.

Lughnasadh (the cross quarter) is August 7

i can’t actually get started seriously on this for two weeks because I have daily family commitments including company and some travel until after July 4, but I wanted to at least set my intentions so I focus my energy in the right places when I do have time.

anybody else? 7 week goals?

Yppej
    Get my car windshield replaced.

Remove the ceiling that is caving in, see what is above it, and make a plan.

Get counseling set up.

Visit with family coming out from California.

Go swimming at least once.

Today I am mailing a letter to an old college friend I lost track of - found her address and am hoping to reconnect.

During the divorce and moving I quit walking for exercise. I started walking daily three days ago. I am walking 2 miles. It feels really good. I have been walking daily for 36 years and nothing in the past has stopped me. When we were purging the house I didn’t need to walk as I was working 8-10 hours a day getting rid of the junk master’s stuff. Then I was getting plenty of exercise moving. Then I never went back to walking. My son noticed and took charge of the evening walks. My 2 little dogs are out of shape and need to build their stamina. They can only walk a mile with a rest halfway.

Well, I ended up pushing my certification exam back 2 months, so that's now scheduled for August. Still have a few minor things to get taken care of in our new home - will try to get everything caught up by July 4 weekend.
    Need to help the MOB and happy couple with wedding planning.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    I contacted the company that does MassSave for my area and as I suspected they will not pay for insulation I can install myself. I also expressed concern about blown in insulation which they like disintegrating over time and they did not offer alternatives. So depending on what I find when I take down the ceiling I will most likely be insulating myself with no subsidy.

Yppej, I would like to encourage you to be in touch with the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area. Call them, even better if you can go visit them in person. They specialize in small amounts of various building materials and their prices are very very good. Likely you will be able to get what you need for various projects- including insulation, as it is likely to get donated to ReStore. There are also always very knowledgeable folks there who can help you to make the best choices. Some stores even maintain a list of workers of various trades who work for a small stipend on a sliding scale or totally donate their time. Best of luck.

Yppej
    Thanks for the idea mschrigo2. There is a Restore in my area. The governor is also proposing a sales tax holiday for August and September, but I don't know that I want to wait that long to do the project.

Two days after I mailed my letter I heard from my long lost friend. She had also tried finding me over the years. What a difference from my friend T (former friend now? The silence continues). She is happy in her life and she suggested getting together in September. All her kids are home for the summer and she has plans with them each weekend, and we live too far apart to get together during the week.

I'm glad to see you back, Chicken Lady.
    I have lots of little things as always, but I tend to get them done without much difficulty. For the purposes of this thread, I want to focus on 3 bigger items:
    Make some significant progress on the cupboard restoration
    Repair one of the outdoor benches (one board is rotting out or being eaten by insects or something; it has a soft and spongy area)
    Stain outdoor benches and tables (yes, I did complete this last year but it needs to be done again. DH has suggested that we get a paint sprayer, which might make this a less unpleasant task).
    Continue work on revamping front flower garden (I want more color and lots of bees!)

Thanks Rosa.

I can see where you need to focus, that’s 4. ��

I am still just hanging with my family.

Yppej
    I plan to go swimming Sunday when the air is forecast to be tropical.

Thread Information