Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Solstice to Lughnasadh

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Does he claim his things are stolen often? (Maybe your ex didn't steal his things at all.) He clearly knows how to manipulate you. I hope you get the situation resolved.

He said do not call the police or the electrician company, he is handling everything, and he does not want anyone tipped off. As you say, bizarre.
    Yes the ex did steal and continues to steal from him. DS is disabled and entitled to Obama phone service, but the ex continues to use my address after not living here for over 7 years and there is a limit of one service per address. I called the ex and he had his pit bull of a girlfriend call me and she admitted they were doing this and said there is nothing we can do about it because the theft does not involve a credit card or Social Security number. I called the police and she is correct - they wouldn't do anything. DS filed a complaint with the FCC which is the regulatory agency but it didn't clear things up and he hasn't followed up on it. I also upon the advice of the police emailed Welfare (Division of Transitional Assistance) and advised of this, and that he is likely using my address because his girlfriend is using where they live, so they are getting two services at one household, and probably many other benefits they are not entitled to as a double income household because they aren't reporting things accurately. But I never got a response on that either.

Who steals from a disabled person, whilst he is able bodied and working, probably off the books? Only the lowest of a lowlife.

Yppej
    The Obamaphone program has been riddled with more and more fraud. It used to be the service had to be tied to a landline. Now it can be a cell phone. It used to be annual confirmations went by paper to the address on the account to ensure the person still lived there. Now renewal can be done online.

Many people have had their addresses stolen. DS is not the only one.

"Who steals from a disabled person, whilst he is able bodied and working, probably off the books? Only the lowest of a lowlife."

Yikes--you're well rid of that one!

This Obama phone discussion reminds me of the time my multi-million dollar household took advantage of the Obama program that handed out antennas for non-smart TVs.

Gubmnt handouts are wonderful but obviously cannot be thoroughly patrolled because gubmnt.

Yppej
    If they went back to requiring the service be tied to land service most of the problem would be eliminated. DS wanted to use his for a discount on hard wired internet service that can only be used at the house.

I'd like to point out that government-sponsored phones for low-income people were a thing long before President Obama came on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'd like to point out that government-sponsored phones for low-income people were a thing long before President Obama came on the scene.
    Jane, The Obamaphone recipients got a cell phone well before I got one. The old phone programs did not trump the basic unit in my household. President Obama pushed the grift up a notch, a rather large notch according to my sensibilities.

but then, I DID get my free Obamanntanae, so there’s that.

I put two more hours in mulching raspberries. They look good. Up to 10, 45 on the outdoor projects.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jane, The Obamaphone recipients got a cell phone well before I got one. The old phone programs did not trump the basic unit in my household. President Obama pushed the grift up a notch, a rather large notch according to my sensibilities.

but then, I DID get my free Obamanntanae, so there’s that.
    I'm guessing they went to cell phones because a lot of low-income people have unstable housing. I really can't get too exercised about poor people getting a few crumbs of my tax dollars for that kind of thing.

Yppej
    The Obama phones are much nicer than my phone. All I have is talk and text - they get everything. The original rationale was they needed phones to make medical appointments but they got a lot more than is necessary for that. And for deserving people it's not the most wasteful program, but when fraud is reported to the FCC they should do something about it instead of ignore it.

Thread Information