Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-covid splurge

Post-covid splurge

Until now, I have focused on donating to those in need, supporting local businesses, stayed home and severely limited my spending.

This past weekend, I said, " Enough!".
    I bought some new ECCO sandals [URL="https://us.ecco.com/ecco-womens-yucatan-sandal-069563.html?dwvar_069563_color=57807"] which are so comfy walking the dog , a swimdress for my upcoming visits to the beach where I will live in the swimsuit all day and a ballet night gown https://www.amazon.com/Shadowline-Si...%2C246&sr=8-41
    Sometimes a splurge is like a vacation in itself when one has held off and really needs a treat.

Anyone else confess to splurging?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Anyone else confess to splurging?
    I got tickets to several operas for this summer's Santa Fe opera season, booked an Airbnb there, and planned a driving trip. I also purchased two new camera lenses, one for astrophotography, one for Santa Fe street and architecture scenes.

Definitely have the urge to splurge on some road trips. Thus far, short term rentals in the places we want to go to are booked solid for the summer.

That’s a beautiful nightgown Razz! I have spent a ton of money decorating and furnishing my condo.

I think I am reaching monk-like level in my non-spending due to the pandemic . Really the switch just went entirely in one direction, all the way, like I only aspired before, but became routine. Though I maybe never limited my spending as much as some in the pandemic because I was pretty much mentally prepared for a permanent pandemic at one point, pushing away even fantasies of when it would ever end.

So I don't know, got a magazine rack off ebay for some storage (not so much of magazines because who buys physical magazines anymore). Not having bought clothes for a year, I bought a shirt so far, it's not my favorite time of year for clothes, even if the need is there.
    Trees don't grow on money

I was sitting on my back porch enjoying some weekend morning solitude when the neighborhood power tools fired up. I thought, I could own noise cancelling bluetooth earbuds and listen music. Ordered a mid-priced pair immediately. Also, yesterday I stopped by Charlie's Fly Box and picked up fishing items.

My splurges have been in the category of gardening--a few new perennials and a nice container for some ferns that was on sale. I could use another pair of shorts or two, but I have "Bean bucks" from using my LLBean MasterCard so I might be able to get a few things for "free."
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    That’s a beautiful nightgown Razz! I have spent a ton of money decorating and furnishing my condo.
    The result of decorating your condo was a treat for you and for us because you shared with beautiful images.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I bought airline tickets for the first time in YEARS! Going to see my mom, who I have also not seen in a couple years.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Have been doing a few overnight (or two) getaways, going out to eat more than probably should and just reserved the lodge at Big Bend National Park in Texas when we are going this winter. We plan on staying longer in Texas.... probably 5 months. We rented for the season so could actually stay 7 months. I have been getting info from many places I would like to see and am planning trips. All locations are in the US and many within 8 hours of home. I did buy myself a few summer tops that were desperately needed too. Life is starting to feel "normal".

Thread Information