Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Yppej
    Put the old dryer drum by the curb hoping the people who roam the neighborhood before trash day would take it for scrap but they did not. Could not fit it in the car but put the next largest piece in to go to the dumpster at work today. The boss okayed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Put the old dryer drum by the curb hoping the people who roam the neighborhood before trash day would take it for scrap but they did not. Could not fit it in the car but put the next largest piece in to go to the dumpster at work today. The boss okayed this.
    I also use my work's dumpster which has really helped out a lot since I've decluttered some large items recently.

You are so lucky! I need to start dropping off big items at Habitat when we go visit my son, as it is down the street.

If it's something that I think someone might want, I will leave it on the loading dock where the dumpster is for someone to grab it they want. I have done that multiple times recently and it's been taken quickly.

Yppej
    A pizza, under the category of emotional decluttering. It is one both DS and I like and I got it fir Christmas Eve because we both like that brand, but he never would celebrate with me so last night I made it and ate it myself. There is more room in the freezer now, though there are three other items I got for him still there on "my" side as he always disinfects things before moving them to "his" side.

Since hubby was decluttering toys on ebay, I went thru my stuff and pulled a bunch of specialty quilting books and stuff. I will clean out and a charity I like will benefit. Win win. (hit the sweet spot and got $120 for one book.)

Felt good so I am pulling some cat knickknacks and giving them all to a cat group for their sale. Allowing myself one shelf of dust catchers.

Thanks for the inspiration on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Since hubby was decluttering toys on ebay, I went thru my stuff and pulled a bunch of specialty quilting books and stuff. I will clean out and a charity I like will benefit. Win win. (hit the sweet spot and got $120 for one book.)

Felt good so I am pulling some cat knickknacks and giving them all to a cat group for their sale. Allowing myself one shelf of dust catchers.

Thanks for the inspiration on this thread.
    Wow, big score on that book!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Wow, big score on that book!
    What was the title? I might have it...

Last weekend, I decluttered some black socks. We really only need 10 (five for me and five for husband) to wear for work. I need to buy a bin for my husband "mementos" and one for my boys' Hot Wheels. When I was looking for stuff in the storage room to declutter, I noticed the cases for the Hot Wheels were falling apart. Hopefully this weekend, I will be putting away my summer décor and putting out my Fall décor and can declutter enough stuff that I can pair down and have at least one bin to use for something.

Yppej
    Not a purge, but I took several items I bought for my son in past months, that I know he now won't use because he is unhappy with me, and put them in the bathroom closet on a shelf that is the lid of a laundry chute I don't use, so they are not cluttering up the dining room table. I would also like to get a room divider and leave him a note to keep all his things on one side of it in the family room. His room is very small and even if he weren't worried about germs getting in there from outside objects it would be too small to keep all his stuff in.

Thread Information