Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

2 navy blue throw rugs. I pulled them off the kitchen floor last week. I don't miss them. GONE!

My usual box is nearly full of miscellaneous stuffs. It goes to Goodwill tomorrow with the rugs.

I bought a set of scrubs for my temporary vaccinator job. I'm gifting them to a friend along with 3 pair of capris I haven't worn this year. I'll deliver those to her work tomorrow as she doesn't have time for a meet-up right now.

I just had a flurry. I went through the last remaining vestiges of my career keepsakes. Most into recycling. I have offered 2 terrific resource books to colleagues. If they don't want them, to Goodwill they go!

Just got a taker on FB Buy-Nothing for those 2 blue rugs. Have just posted a 6*9 zippered notebook portfolio. It will go to Goodwill in tomorrow's box if no takers before 0830

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    You might want to check with your goodwill. Ours recycles fabric - they accept ripped and stained items.
    Thanks, Chicken Lady! Good to know for the future!

Over the last week, I've gone through my closet and gone through my daughter's dresser and closet. We threw a lot out, but today I took 93 items to Goodwill and 11 items to a friend with daughters just a few years younger than my daughter.

New total for month: 138!

1 set of scrubs and 3 pair of Capris delivered to a friend today!

Returned 7 items today that I'd bought online. New total for month: 145.

Yppej
    5 of the 7 contractor size bags of old ceiling tiles have now been picked up. In another week or two I will be done with that rubbish.

Last weekend, I purged some clothes from my two boys' closets. Filled up a trash bag. Also some stuff from the garage like about 6-7 Igloo containers that hadn't been used in decades. We have an attic space in the garage and I found some stuff that I had just shoved up there probably 15 years ago for no reason whatsoever. Purged a baby gate, a car seat, and some patio chairs.

I found the little bike that my boys both learned how to ride a bike with as well as a tricycle. I am sure I put those up to be saved for grandkids but hopefully I am over a decade way from either of my boys having kids and they have already sat up there for 10-15 years. I am debating whether or not to get rid of them. I think it would be really sweet to one day show my kids or even my grandkids the bikes their Daddys used when they were little. But, hopefully it will be another 10 years before I have grandkids and we are planning on moving in about five more years and do I really want to tote those with us when we do????

I would not keep the bikes, and I am all about keeping stuff for my grandchildren, I will admit. I would keep the trike, if I had room and it wasn't a big deal. Bikes are so specific by sizing, that my son just got a handmedown for my granddaughter, but had to buy her a new (used) one anyway because it's too big for her.

but a trike is kind of timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I would not keep the bikes, and I am all about keeping stuff for my grandchildren, I will admit. I would keep the trike, if I had room and it wasn't a big deal. Bikes are so specific by sizing, that my son just got a handmedown for my granddaughter, but had to buy her a new (used) one anyway because it's too big for her.

but a trike is kind of timeless.
    The bike is teeny tiny with training wheels. Literally the first bike they had after graduating from the tricycle so sizing shouldn't be an issue. It is up in our attic out of the way. I had forgotten it was even up there so space/room isn't an issue. I will probably hang onto both for a little longer. Minus some stuff that my husband put up in the attic, that is the only other things up there.

Thread Information