Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    ejchase, I like your numbering method. Maybe I will try that.
    Keeping a count of how much I get rid of is very motivating for me for some reason. My goal for years has been to give away 100 items a month, 1,200 for the year. I've never quite made it, though I've made it to the 700s some years. I write monthly totals in my paper calendar. When I feel despair about my clutter issues, it helps me remember that little by little, I'm making progress.

Teacher Terry that is really too bad that your injuries persist from decluttering.

Echase 100 items a month is a lot and it’s great to have a stretch goal. My ex wants to come see the dogs and I intend to tell him about my shoulder when he’s here. Of course he will figure out a excuse for why it’s not his fault. My physical work days are now behind me because I know from my mom’s experience with bursitis that if you do it the injuries just come back. She sold her house and lived in a apartment with just plants on her patio versus her big flower beds after that happened.

Yppej
    A pair of sandals broke today and will be going out in the trash. That leaves me just two pairs, one regular, one flip flops. I might have to buy some more.

Dropped off a bag of stuff at the thrift store today at lunchtime - 4 drinking glasses, a purse, a billfold, some other stuff I don't even remember at this point. I did go in and buy a silk scarf.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Decluttered from our storage room today:
    2 kids bookcases
    Toy box
    Storage shelving unit
    Kids books
    Hot Wheels set that was never opened
    Set of Hot Wheels that was missing a couple cars
    Cowboy and Indians play set

I am also going to get rid of the trike and the bike with training wheels that are in the attic. I decided that they don't hold a special place in my heart.

The only toys of my boys that I am keeping are the massive amount of Hot Wheels and a tub of Legos. Those two things are what my boys played with the most and hold memories for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My physical work days are now behind me because I know from my mom’s experience with bursitis that if you do it the injuries just come back. She sold her house and lived in a apartment with just plants on her patio versus her big flower beds after that happened.
    It seems like you need REST. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

I returned three pairs of shoes today. New total for month: 193.

I'm so sorry, tt. I hope the shot and pt help quickly.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    We had a big bag of cracked corn, maybe 40 pounds, in the house and I heard noises inside it, then saw some very small white worms on it. Put it out in the back yard with a note for DS as to what happened. We used to go to farms together and he would sneak food to the animals but hadn't in a year because he's grown away from me and lately disowned me. It will be a little heavy to heave into the trash barrel, which is full at the moment, but I will when there is room in it. The last of the ceiling tiles are in there now.

Found out I can use the dumpster at work so plan on bringing some bulky items in starting next week to clean up the basement.

Thread Information