Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You View Travel Differently Now?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I am sorry too, ANM. The pandemic & shut-down was definitely more difficult for some people:
    Those who live alone
    Those who have troubled or difficult relationships with their housemates
    Those who live in apartments or smaller confined spaces without an outdoor space
    Extroverts
    I count myself as fortunate on all of those points. I don't say this with an attitude of smugness, rather an attitude of being grateful and acknowledging my privilege.
    me too. It was a nice vacay for the non-working introvert.

I never cried more in my life this past, miserable winter. I will not stay here again. Headed south this year no matter what happens….. at least we can social distance outside then if need be.

The lockdown has mostly been a non-event for me--some minor inconvenience, but other than that...

My peripatetic friends have chafed at their semi-confinement some, but have managed to cope pretty well with day trips and the like, and everyone is fully vaxxed in an area where well over 70% are vaccinated as well. Nobody I know (admittedly a small, small cohort) is exhausted or depleted at this point, as far as I know. One friend is ecstatic that her library has reopened; a closed library was the worst part of this for her.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I am worried that the Delta variant will soon make even domestic travel problematic. I'm off again for four days mid August and will be going down to Nogales again. Will cross the border for lunch with the family and also to stock up on Mexican soap, deoderant, shampoo, and spray on cologne. Who knows how serious Delta will get and if the border truly will be closed - as far as US citizens entering Mexico (which you could by foot this whole time). Going to stock up - also on valerian root. Rob

Jane, I was happy to see our library open as well. But, I also managed to do a couple of virtual events they offered when I lost my original job.

Rob, I haven't thought about the need to stock up on some items again, but you have me thinking. Definitely will make sure I have meds on had - bot OTC and prescription. Otherwise, I'm thinking we are okay.

Again, I'm sorry for those who have had a tough time of it and hope that things are improving.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A grocery store has been out of sambol oolek for two weeks. I don’t know if this portends shortage or not.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    A grocery store has been out of sambol oolek for two weeks. I don’t know if this portends shortage or not.
    I've stocked up on provisions I can't live without. Sambal oelek is one of those--try Amazon Fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    I've stocked up on provisions I can't live without. Sambal oelek is one of those--try Amazon Fresh.
    Haha After writing this post I added two containers of it to my next Amazon order.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Read today that Reno may be short of jet fuel in a few days and flights may have to be canceled.
    When I drove past the Safeway near us yesterday I noticed that they were out of gasoline. I have no idea if that was a fluke or a sign of something bigger.

Good thing that it takes me 4-6 weeks to use a tank of gas.

Thread Information