Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do You View Travel Differently Now?

In general, I'm not fond of fish, so I only add a bit for umami. That bottle should last awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Did you check to see if one of the ingredients was rotten shrimp?... check above
    I certainly hope the sirracha didn't come with rotten shrimp in it. I don't think that's usually one of the ingredients! No, my problem was having a wave of steamy spiciness get in my eyes.

Huy Fong has run afoul of their neighbors re chili fumes--but they prevailed, and they're still providing us with seedy goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I certainly hope the sirracha didn't come with rotten shrimp in it. I don't think that's usually one of the ingredients! No, my problem was having a wave of steamy spiciness get in my eyes.
    As noted earlier ... trassi or blachan (a firm paste made of rotten shrimp) is the ingredient to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    As noted earlier ... trassi or blachan (a firm paste made of rotten shrimp) is the ingredient to look for.
    I just checked. The ubiquitous green lidded bottles of Huy Fong Sirracha do not contain either.

Thread Information