Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Major disorder

Sorting them by a dozen seems logical. Within the 12 you'd remember where everything is. I just looked at the 6 drawer one on casters and it does have a slot for a label. I would use color coding there.

My question is did you declutter the drawers so you know that you need that many? That sounds like a lot but maybe you need storage for hobbies that are taking up the drawers.

I have never fully used them in any meaningful way. I don't think I have the need for all of these Helmers in one room. I do run a small business but if I am too overwhelmed what good is it. I have a workshop and other places they can go.

Thanks.

SM

I didn't answer your question. No, I haven't decluttered the drawers.

Any resources on decluttering?

SM

We once bought a beautiful piece of antique furniture that we called our "Chinese filing cabinet" because it had Asian-style hardware and about a dozen very shallow drawers--like the kind architects use for filing drawings. It was a pain in the neck!! I'd hear my husband opening drawer after drawer looking for the spare set of car keys, cursing at every drawer he opened. So I feel your pain.

I also would label the drawers. We didn't do it because it was really a decorative piece we put right in our entryway, and the labels would have looked bad on it. But in your case, I agree with the labeling!! Color code or use simple graphics as Jane said. And don't overlabel--like pens in this drawer and pencils in another. Just general categories would make life easier also. Good luck!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks for all the help.

SM

Look into Flylady www.flylady.net... Her outlook is " You cant organize clutter" Its a process and her other outlook is "you house didnt get this way overnight, it cant cant be cleaned overnight"

Sounds like Flylady is right for me. Any other helpful books/you tubes, websites, resources that folks can recommend?

Input appreciated.

SM

I have read about 15 books on the subject but didn’t keep them as my work is now done. I would go on Amazon and see what books appeal to you.

Would you mind indicating the top 3 from the Amazon books your purchased?

Thank you.

SM

Thread Information