Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - July 6 - Aug. 30

Great progress, ejchase!

Another hour today - 13.5.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    Great progress, ejchase!
    Thank you!

An update on the hallway, both good news and not-so-good news: I *did* manage to go through the last five boxes, which was great because I was able to get rid of a lot - old bills and junk mail (Why was I keeping those?!). But in order to maintain the momentum, I just put the stuff I need to file or find a home for in stacks which are now back in boxes because tomorrow, I have a handyman coming to move my daughter's room from our smallest bedroom to our bigger guest bedroom, and Sunday, we leave for a two-week vacation.

So basically, I reduced 12 boxes to about 3 which I will have to deal with in August. Not the clear victory I was hoping for yet, but some progress!

I think every reduction in the number of boxes is a victory!

I agree with Rosa).

Thanks, rosarugosa and Teacher Terry!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with our handyman who helped me move my daughter's stuff into our guest bedroom which was bigger than her room. She was at her dad's but had requested this move last fall when our handyman was quarantining and couldn't help out. It was so good to finally do the move, and her new room looks SO nice! I had let her pick out new sheets and a duvet cover and new curtains a few weeks ago, so it really feels like a special new space. I feel guilty a lot of the time by how my clutter issues affect her, so it was enormously gratifying to have this project turn out so well (so far!). I sent her a video of it, and her dad said she loved it.

The handyman will come back in late August, which is great because now I have to figure out how to turn my daughter's teeny old bedroom into a nice office/guestroom, and I will probably need him to help me with some of that. Also, we still need a desk for my daughter's room and pictures hung in both rooms. But it's fun to figure these things out. I'm not sure I would have said that a decade ago, but I am starting to see how rearranging a home can be enjoyable!

So there wasn't much decluttering involved in this move, but it definitely counts as time spent making our home nicer, so I think I'll count 3 of the hours I spent on it yesterday. Then I also spent 2 more hours this morning decluttering before the housekeeper came so that spaces were clear for her. So my new total is 18.5.

Your daughter will enjoy her new room!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Your daughter will enjoy her new room!!
    She LOVES it! It's so gratifying to see!

We were away for a couple of weeks, and now I'm just starting to get back to the decluttering. I did just one hour today. New total: 19.5.

1.5 more today. New total: 21.

Thread Information