Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 40 Hours Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method - July 6 - Aug. 30

I FINALLY finished these 40 hours tonight! I spent 3 hours on the downstairs coat closet!

It was a bit of an odyssey. There's a lot of crap in there (wrapping paper, ribbon, and bubble wrap especially) that needs to be better organized. I'm thinking I probably need to buy some low freestanding shelves to use the space more efficiently. But my main motivation was to clear out enough stuff so that I could store some things in there that I didn't have another place for, and that goal was achieved. One thing that I've learned from all these years of decluttering is to not be too much of a perfectionist. With a big job like cleaning out a huge closet, sometimes I just have to let myself do a fairly brisk "pass-through." Hopefully, this January when I'm not teaching, I can do a more thorough job.

I also found about 20 things to give away to Goodwill, the Buy Nothing Group, and my ex (he moved out 6 years ago, but I'm still finding stuff of his!).

Many thanks to all of you who have supported me through these 40 hours. I think I'm starting a new batch of hours immediately because I'm going to be doing more decluttering tonight and tomorrow.

Congratulations, EJ!

Good job, ejchase! For me, closets are a pain to deal with but nice when they are done. Congrats!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Bravo, EJ!!! Every time you open that closet you will smile!

Good work, ej. Please start another, as I'm very motivated by your success. I've begun my own declutter journey. Looking for positive outcomes,.and your is!

Thanks, all!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Bravo, EJ!!! Every time you open that closet you will smile!
    Actually, I kept opening the door to it last night just to see how much better it is. I swear, when I finally get around to doing it, decluttering is the best antidepressant for me. I feel so energized by it!

Thread Information