Thread: Medicare and drug costs

Medicare and drug costs

I had my first doctor's visit on Medicare today, and got two prescriptions. I have the AARP United Health D plan.

For one medication, my copay was $6. Awesome.

For the other, something I have been on for thirty years, and cost was $44 for the generic, but my insurance would not cover it. So they were going to fill it as name brand and my copay was going to be $59. I said just fill it as generic and I'll pay cash, then remembered the discussion here on coupons--so found a coupon, and ended up paying 28 dollars total. (I think it was supposed to be even cheaper but she didn't seem to know quite how to do the coupon, and I wasn't going to argue.)

So thank you Steve and others for mentioning the coupon thing.

Anyone else trying to figure out what their medicines cost with Medicare part D?

When I was picking my rx supplement I could put in my prescriptions and see if they would cover it and the cost. I chose one that covered all of them. Here my RX plan is picked separately from my part D supplement plan. I get 3 months worth of 3 different medications and for one the cost is 0, one it’s 10 and one 34.

www.goodrx.com

Also, see what the cost is without insurance. Surprisingly, ours was less. Costco beat out the competitors.

Thread Information