Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Six months since the traitors tried to overthrow the government

  1. #1
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,223

    Six months since the traitors tried to overthrow the government

    How much does anyone wanna bet that the republicans will be as butthurt trying to defend the indefensible that happened on 1/6 as they are trying to pretend like black people haven't been shit upon by white people for all of the US's history.

    https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...upporters.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    11,628
    The good news is that people are still being identified and charged with crimes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,764
    August 29th marks 235 years since the start of Shays Rebellion, a domestic attempt to overthrow the US government by anti-tax advocates including veterans.

    Several towns in Massachusetts have Daniel Shays Highways named after the leader of the rebellion.

    If you weren't familiar with him before reading my post, here's to the January 6th rioters becoming a similar small footnote in history.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The good news is that people are still being identified and charged with crimes.
    More seem to be being identified, but I haven't read/seen too much about trial results. Just one woman is all I can remember.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  5. #5
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,475
    The FBI is still releasing footage, trying to identify perpetrators. I can't believe anyone could watch insurrection videos and not be horrified by what happened and almost happened, but some are still trying to characterize January 6 as just a bunch of rowdy tourists. Delusional or deliberate? Pretty obvious.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If you weren't familiar with him before reading my post, here's to the January 6th rioters becoming a similar small footnote in history.
    I suspect in 235 years it might even be less than a footnote.

    I doubt if anything could ever become of it, but it's too bad no one is pursuing Trump or Giuliani for inciting to riot now that 45 is out of office. I wonder if any of the incendiary have lost some motivation now, although I suppose a few will persist.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    197
    Jan 6 attempted coup seems to be continuing, in a less violent manner. Look at all the states voting in voter suppression and re-districting laws, in ways that weight all election participation and results in favor of extreme conservatism. Now Gov. Abbot and the TX legislature have vowed to arrest the Democrats who left the state. When the BLM protestors blocked traffic, Florida voted in a law that punishes this excessively. But now that's the law, I see it not being enforced against anti-Cuban govt demonstrators blocking traffic - as a matter of fact, police actually directed traffic around these traffic blockades. I watch all this in disbelief.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Price County, WI
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    The good news is that people are still being identified and charged with crimes.
    As of 7/28/2021 I looked up the people who had been arrested in the "Capital Breach".

    4 states did not have any residents arrested: SD, ND, RI, and VT.
    5 states had one resident arrested: MS, CT, AK, HI, and NE.
    5 states had 2 residents arrested: LA, NV, ME, NM, and NH ("Live Free or Die").
    2 states had 3 residents arrested: DE and AR.
    3 states had 4 residents arrested: OR, ID, and OK (I'm just an Okie from Muskogee").

    At the other end of the scale:
    56 residents of FL were arrested;
    55 residents of TX;
    47 residents of PA;
    41 residents of NY.

    For 6 people who had been arrested, I did not find information about their state of residence.

  9. #9
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    19,905
    Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    As of 7/28/2021 I looked up the people who had been arrested in the "Capital Breach".

    4 states did not have any residents arrested: SD, ND, RI, and VT.
    5 states had one resident arrested: MS, CT, AK, HI, and NE.
    5 states had 2 residents arrested: LA, NV, ME, NM, and NH ("Live Free or Die").
    2 states had 3 residents arrested: DE and AR.
    3 states had 4 residents arrested: OR, ID, and OK (I'm just an Okie from Muskogee").

    At the other end of the scale:
    56 residents of FL were arrested;
    55 residents of TX;
    47 residents of PA;
    41 residents of NY.

    For 6 people who had been arrested, I did not find information about their state of residence.
    what conclusions are you drawing from this?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,674
    Saw in the WI paper that one guy was charged... not on this list.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •