Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most expensive decluttering regret?

@Tradd... I owe you a sincere apology. I assumed you were talking about me in your post because I had mentioned previously that I was probably going to throw the stuff away. I am sorry for my comment and hope you will forgive me.

As it turned out, later in the day, my husband said, "I know it's gross but what I could really go for is some Chef Boyardee ravioli." So at least one can got used so I guess I better save that and the Dinty Moore just in case he ever gets another hankering for something like that. And we used the bag of chicken nuggets last night because what I was going to make for dinner ended up needing a wire rack (which I had purged about a year ago because I never made anything needing it). I needed something quick that would go with the cheddar and broccoli rice that I was already in the process of making.

If you can mix it in with real food as a stretcher, that is one way to incorporate it, like you did with the cheddar and broccoli rice.

I still have the medicinal brandy that I bought in case we were in intractable pain during the pandemic. (This is how my mind works, circa 1865.) It's unopened in the laundry room because I hate brandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    If you can mix it in with real food as a stretcher, that is one way to incorporate it, like you did with the cheddar and broccoli rice.

I still have the medicinal brandy that I bought in case we were in intractable pain during the pandemic. (This is how my mind works, circa 1865.) It's unopened in the laundry room because I hate brandy.
    Yes, I guess I will have to get creative. Could mix in the Dinty Moore beef stew with my homemade beef stew. I do have a "lazy" lasagna and a ravioli recipe that I might be able to sneak the Chef Boyardee stuff into. Good idea Tybee!! Thank you!!

maybe for cooking but most recipes call for sherry or port or wine, not brandy.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post

This was my chuckle for the day. Did you read too many Louis L'Amour books in your early years? How otherwise did you make the alcohol association as a form of pain relief?

DH loved these paperbacks and had a substantial collection of them. Everywhere we went, we would check for a copy that he still lacked. After his passing, during the decluttering, I took them to the local library's book sale. I confess that I enjoyed reading them as did our kids when we wanted something light and easy
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I still have the medicinal brandy
    If you're into this sort of stuff like I am, you can use brandy to make herbal tinctures. Well, I am cheap, so I use the store brand super cheap vodka but I'd use brandy if I already had that. I take a dropperful of nettle tincture every day and squirt into a small amount of water. Nettle is an anti histamine for my allergies. I make a variety for winter ailments (thyme for lung issues, catnip for colds, elderberry for flu...)

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    If you're into this sort of stuff like I am, you can use brandy to make herbal tinctures. Well, I am cheap, so I use the store brand super cheap vodka but I'd use brandy if I already had that. I take a dropperful of nettle tincture every day and squirt into a small amount of water. Nettle is an anti histamine for my allergies. I make a variety for winter ailments (thyme for lung issues, catnip for colds, elderberry for flu...)
    How cool! I have some mullein and it is supposed to be for lung disease. Must try it.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    This was my chuckle for the day. Did you read too many Louis L'Amour books in your early years? How otherwise did you make the alcohol association as a form of pain relief?

DH loved these paperbacks and had a substantial collection of them. Everywhere we went, we would check for a copy that he still lacked. After his passing, during the decluttering, I took them to the local library's book sale. I confess that I enjoyed reading them as did our kids when we wanted something light and easy
    I was born in Georgia. Bourbon is our painkiller of choice in the South.

I knew I would not be tempted to drink the brandy. Can't say the same for the bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    @Tradd... I owe you a sincere apology. I assumed you were talking about me in your post because I had mentioned previously that I was probably going to throw the stuff away. I am sorry for my comment and hope you will forgive me.
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post

As it turned out, later in the day, my husband said, "I know it's gross but what I could really go for is some Chef Boyardee ravioli." So at least one can got used so I guess I better save that and the Dinty Moore just in case he ever gets another hankering for something like that. And we used the bag of chicken nuggets last night because what I was going to make for dinner ended up needing a wire rack (which I had purged about a year ago because I never made anything needing it). I needed something quick that would go with the cheddar and broccoli rice that I was already in the process of making.
    We had an extended power outage years ago, and after I ran through the yogurt and Golden Almond bars I had , I dug around in the pantry until I found a can of ravioli. I ate it cold; it tasted like heaven. I have no idea why I didn't just go to the store...

Thread Information