Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most expensive decluttering regret?

I got rid of 2 charm bracelets begun in 1958...and 1973. I hadn't worn them for years but I am sorry to have given them up. At 72 that's all I miss from decluttering.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I got rid of 2 charm bracelets begun in 1958...and 1973. I hadn't worn them for years but I am sorry to have given them up. At 72 that's all I miss from decluttering.
    I have both a gold charm bracelet that DH started for me adding a charm for every special event in our lives and my mother's silver bracelet. I never have occasion to wear them but won't give them up so understand your feelings now. I do wear the pearls occasionally. Hard ti declutter those items.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I sold my high school charm bracelet on ebay last year. Not one regret.

I wonder who is buying these and why, but there a tons of them on ebay and they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I sold my high school charm bracelet on ebay last year. Not one regret.

I wonder who is buying these and why, but there a tons of them on ebay and they sell.
    Wow, that's interesting. I still have mine, and the charms are so personal that I would wonder who would want it. They were really popular back then. I would get a charm for everything--birthdays, clubs I was a part of, prom, you name it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. I still have mine, and the charms are so personal that I would wonder who would want it. They were really popular back then. I would get a charm for everything--birthdays, clubs I was a part of, prom, you name it.
    Well, I should say that it sells if you priced it low enough. I got rid of mine for I’m thinking $35. I see similar things price at $150 and they’re not selling. Yes, a few of my charms were engraved.

My favorite charm was a bicycle that had wheels and handles that turned....then another that was the Golden Triangle of Pittsburgh with all three rivers. ( Long before 3 rivers stadium! )

I had a charm bracelet that my husband bought me when I had my first kid. He got me a couple charms to represent certain things but I never wore it. I am not a jewelry person except for stud earrings and my wedding ring. After over a decade of sitting in my drawer, I got rid of it. I actually got rid of all my unused jewelry and only have other stud earrings that I switch out from time to time.

I adore vintage sterling silver charm bracelets. The charms from 60+ years ago are so fun. Unfortunately, most are made for more petite wrists than I have. If I ever decided to buy one, I guess I could have a jeweler put an extender on.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I adore vintage sterling silver charm bracelets. The charms from 60+ years ago are so fun. Unfortunately, most are made for more petite wrists than I have. If I ever decided to buy one, I guess I could have a jeweler put an extender on.
    I have blocky wide wrists and mine, circa 1969, dangled appropriately. The dangle is part of their charm.

I donated my Schwinn Varsity 10 speed bicycle. This was my first "road bike". Many great memories on that bike. It spelled freedom before I could drive and
    adventure after I could. I bought my second road bike at the same store - 40 years later. I love my daily commutes to work and long rides on Saturdays.

Thread Information