Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What is your most expensive decluttering regret?

Well to be an alternative view, I love Domino's Pizza for takeout, enjoy hot from carton, freeze in 2-slice portions to enjoy when I need an easy meal with cut up veggies. I like their Deluxe and that it is predictably consistently good. I prefer pizza heated from the freezer though. Have to confess that I buy two when they are 50% off usually the first Monday of the month.
    Periodically I do think about the pizza stone and paddle that I gave away tying my post to OP of this thread.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Domino's is pretty bad, I mean it has the junk food appeal mind you, the sweet sauce etc. There are situations I would eat it (those situations mostly amounting to there is free pizza at work and I'm stressed or hungry ). Pizza hut is better especially the mini pan pizzas - but it's been years. Ok my pizza consumption is mostly one mom and pop type place here. Occasionally I'll get a frozen pizza at Trader Joe's but they have been fairly mediocre, their frozen flatbread is good though.
    Trees don't grow on money

The only interesting thing I've come across about Dominos is their pizza war with Pizza Hut on History Channel. Apparently Pizza Hut was eating their lunch until Dominos marketed the 30 minute delivery guarantee. Sorry, but I'd rather get my pizza a few minutes late than get Dominos... but I respect your opinion, razz and klunick!

https://www.history.com/shows/the-fo...on-2/episode-1
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I love cold pizza for breakfast. This might horrify some people, but we leave the leftover pizza out at night, and I just grab a piece in the morning to have with my coffee. And I eat it with my hands, so it's like a savory, flattened-out donut.
    my college roommate called cold pizza, "Breakfast of Champions."
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I love dominos pasta dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    If you're into this sort of stuff like I am, you can use brandy to make herbal tinctures. Well, I am cheap, so I use the store brand super cheap vodka but I'd use brandy if I already had that. I take a dropperful of nettle tincture every day and squirt into a small amount of water. Nettle is an anti histamine for my allergies. I make a variety for winter ailments (thyme for lung issues, catnip for colds, elderberry for flu...)
    A few other tinctures I make include rosemary for memory, hawthorne and motherwort for heart, and astragalus for immune system... + others. My favorite is elderberry.. it is miraculous IMO.

My favorite is elderberry.
    Everytime I make something with elderberry, I have to recreate the bit in Monty Python's Holy Grail: your father was a hamster, and your mother smelled of elderberry.

Used to love Pizza Hut lunch buffets back in the 90's. Groups would go every now and then from work. Domino's... well, I have eaten it multiple times, but it is not a favorite. Hard to beat their prices, though. Most of the time I will make my own, but every now and then it is a treat to order out.

Cold pizza - not a fan. LOL. I will usually pop a leftover slice into the toaster oven and I have been known to eat leftovers for breakfast.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Everytime I make something with elderberry, I have to recreate the bit in Monty Python's Holy Grail: your father was a hamster, and your mother smelled of elderberry.
    Will have to watch that!

woops I had the parents incorrect- your mother was a hamster....

https://youtu.be/QSo0duY7-9s

Thread Information