Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your most expensive decluttering regret?

So far, my regrets are not having more things decluttered.Still working on it. Lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I sold my space heater at my garage sale for 5. When I bought my condo I had no clue they turned off the heat when the AC comes on because they both come through the same central system. We had a cold spell and I had to buy one for 30. No big deal and it’s the only thing I regretted getting rid of.

I honestly can’t even remember the things I’ve gotten rid of, much less regret…

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I honestly can’t even remember the things I’ve gotten rid of, much less regret…
    I guess because this was a recent declutter ( within the last few months) and it was pretty soon afterwards that I wished I hadn't done it is the reason I call it a regret. Actually if I hadn't gotten rid of it, I wouldn't have use it. But because I did and then wished I hadn't, I am using the new one often so in reality, it was a good thing and not really a regret.

I can't really think of an expensive decluttering regret; my regrets would be more along the lines of all the money spent on things that were later decluttered. However, I do recall that I had purchased a salad spinner early on in setting up house, and I got rid of it because I never used it. In more recent years, I acquired my mother's vintage salad spinner and I don't know how I lived happily all those years without one!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I can't really think of an expensive decluttering regret; my regrets would be more along the lines of all the money spent on things that were later decluttered. However, I do recall that I had purchased a salad spinner early on in setting up house, and I got rid of it because I never used it. In more recent years, I acquired my mother's vintage salad spinner and I don't know how I lived happily all those years without one!
    I had a salad spinner years ago and the only use I had for it was arts and crafts with my boys. You put a paper plate in the bottom and some paint. Close it and start spinning really fast. Made some pretty epic designs. Once my kids stopped being interested in that sort of thing, it got tossed.

Be careful about speaking of disposal of salad spinners.we do not like that kind of talk here!

hahahaha…Klunick, inside joke. Now you are one of us. We have raging debates about the usefulness of salad spinners.

How anyone can live without one (and still eat salad greens) is beyond my ken.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Be careful about speaking of disposal of salad spinners.we do not like that kind of talk here!

hahahaha…Klunick, inside joke. Now you are one of us. We have raging debates about the usefulness of salad spinners.

How anyone can live without one (and still eat salad greens) is beyond my ken.
    Suggestion noted. No more speak of salad spinners from me!

When DS was little he often left messes all over and I would warn him if you don't clean up these things I'm going to throw them out and occasionally I did toss some toys of his. To this day he has not forgiven me for this, so I would have to say that.

I was at a thrift store the other day, and saw an employee bring out and shelve some new donations, including a salad spinner. I thought of you all affectionately.

Thread Information