Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What does “ the science” say about Coronavirus 19 at the moment?

What does “ the science” say about Coronavirus 19 at the moment?

For those of you who remind us often that you follow “the science “I would like to know your opinions on some things. I mean your opinion and interpretation of it, not the whole science because I don’t expect a dissertation. I want to know what you — a poster here on this forum—think.

dado potatoe posted on another thread the breakdown of political affiliation of governors in states with the 10 top death rates. Half rePublican, half Democrat. I find this to be not a significant factor in looking at death rates to the point of being absurd, so you know my bias here. But how about you scientists?

What does “the science” Currently say about those who are not getting a vaccination?

What does “the science” currently say about Long Covid?

what does “the science” currently say about transmission (how,when who)?

Anyone can chime in but I’m looking at bae, jp, and Gardnr especially. I asked this question in the politics section because it will devolve into political spin from all three of you. Might as well start out right.

This is a health issue and shouldn’t have ever become political. I believe that if anyone else regardless of party had been president this never would have happened. Ugh! Plus as we progress and learn the science is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    This is a health issue and shouldn’t have ever become political. I believe that if anyone else regardless of party had been president this never would have happened. Ugh! Plus as we progress and learn the science is changing.
    Everything is about politics. Just like in my city everything is about race. You can say it “shouldn’t” be but that denies some legitimate points of view. Some. Any broad generalization is not very useful, in my opinion.

Other than the broad generalization that yes the science is changing. That’s why I use the word “currently “ often in this post.

Yppej
    My mother has had chronic Lyme disease. Everything that goes wrong with her - including things that I think are pretty clearly related to old age - she attributes to Lyme disease.

I am very interested in what double blind peer reviewed scientific studies published in reputable medical journals say about long covid. It seems a lot of vague symptoms are being attributed to it and I have not heard of any proof that this is fact from covid.

There’s no question in my mind that long Covid exists,But that doesn’t mean Everyone who attributes their symptoms to long Covid actually have it.

What does it matter what others "opinions" are? The science says it all.

Those who aren't vaccinated have a much higher risk of getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying from covid, really no comparison, this is extremely rare for the vaccinated. Why people aren't getting vaccinated? I don't know, sure some for political reasons, but probably a lot of other reasons too, not good.

Long covid is probably a rare side effect of covid and always was. BUT ... if you have a large enough denominator, and a TON of people had covid, rare effects show up. I don't know if anyone knows why it happens to some people. Sucks for those who are affected.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    What does it matter what others "opinions" are? The science says it all.
    Great then since it’s so straightforward and clear-cut for you, please tell me what “the Science “says about any one of the questions above. Or all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Those who aren't vaccinated have a much higher risk of getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying from covid, really no comparison, this is extremely rare for the vaccinated. Why people aren't getting vaccinated? I don't know, sure some for political reasons, but probably a lot of other reasons too, not good.

Long covid is probably a rare side effect of covid and always was. BUT ... if you have a large enough denominator, and a TON of people had covid, rare effects show up. I don't know if anyone knows why it happens to some people. Sucks for those who are affected.
    I’m not sure that long Covid is rare. I know two people who have it, Tammy from this forum being one of them.That’s why I wonder if there any studies out there yet. It may be too soon but I would like to know what people are finding as they do research.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m not sure that long Covid is Extremely rare. I know two people who have it, Tammy from this forum being one of them.That’s why I wonder if there any studies out there yet. It may be too soon but I would like to know what people are finding as they do research.
    I have been googling and looking to see if I can find the answer to your questions. The topic is SO broad, and the studies out there are, let me say, pretty dense. I'll see what I can find and report back. Can you provide me with the 3 key questions you would like to have the answers to?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information