Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What does “ the science” say about Coronavirus 19 at the moment?

Covid is a parasite? That’s a new theory I’d not heard. If so the. Maybe ivermectin will work for it. But surely all the ‘the vaccines were rushed!!!’ Folks will wait until full on studies are done to test its effectiveness on covid. Or not since logic doesn’t seem to be their strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You're behind the times, apparently progressive women prefer to date conservative men. Why progressive women want to date men who act conservative (nypost.com)
    They’ll love their conservative men until they, like my mom back in 1954 shortly after getting married, was in line to vote right behind her new husband and when she pointed out to the poll worker (who couldn’t find her registration) that she was in a different party from her husband the woman shouted to my dad, now in the voting booth, ‘what’s a matter? You can’t keep her in line? Hardy har har’.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Covid is a parasite? That’s a new theory I’d not heard. If so the. Maybe ivermectin will work for it. But surely all the ‘the vaccines were rushed!!!’ Folks will wait until full on studies are done to test its effectiveness on covid. Or not since logic doesn’t seem to be their strong suit.
    I'm not familiar with the ivermectin theory but I do understand that other medications such as cholesterol and blood pressure meds greatly decrease the effects of covid. Are you certain that it's illogical to think other meds might do the same?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

They’ll love their conservative men until they, like my mom back in 1954 shortly after getting married, was in line to vote right behind her new husband and when she pointed out to the poll worker (who couldn’t find her registration) that she was in a different party from her husband the woman shouted to my dad, now in the voting booth, ‘what’s a matter? You can’t keep her in line? Hardy har har’.
    Yes, you've told us previously that we're all assholes. We think it's cute.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That article also reminds me of the very old joke in the LGBT world that is based off of the supposed evolutionary influences of men wanting to spread their seed far and wide and women wanting someone to help raise a kid.

A: What does a lesbian bring to a second date?

A: A uhaul.

A: What does a gay man bring on a second date?

A: What’s a second date?’

If you’re implying I said the novel virus COVID-19 is a parasite, I said no such thing. Ivermectin has been administered for decades in wide populations and its ill effects are known, unlike current Covid vaccines administered for only months.

therefore, reluctance to take Ivermectin is less than the reluctance to take a new vaccine.

As for Ivermectin effectiveness against COVID, There must be something causing trained scientific researchers to examine Ivermectin in relation to Covid. An example is referenced below where a literature review written up in the Journal Of American Therapeutics covers MANY such research projects.

https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ment_of.7.aspx

I offer this to refute your apparent distain for the very idea of Ivermectin as a possible prevention for COVID. I say POSSIBLE. One taken seriously enough to have big bucks research going on. please note I did not say anyone has shown firm evidence of effective treatment of COVID by Ivermectin.

I did not say that and in fact referenced an important research project revealed as bad science in my post #33 on this thread.

Sure. Ivermectin MAY be effective for covid. I’m simply pointing out the double standard of ‘THESE VACCINES ARE ONLY BEING GIVEN BECAUSE OF AN EUA APPROVAL’. But on the other hand ‘THEY ARE PREVENTING US FEOM TAKING IVERMECTIN THAT WORKS GREAT AGAINST COVID’ despite no studies that confirm that.

And the fact that ivermectin is effective for parasites is meaningless when one is discussing covid. All that means is that ivermectin probably won’t kill people who take it for covid.

Sure. Ivermectin MAY be effective for covid. I’m simply pointing out the double standard of ‘THESE VACCINES ARE ONLY BEING GIVEN BECAUSE OF AN EUA APPROVAL’. But on the other hand ‘THEY ARE PREVENTING US FEOM TAKING IVERMECTIN THAT WORKS GREAT AGAINST COVID’ despite no studies that confirm that.

And the fact that ivermectin is effective for parasites is meaningless when one is discussing covid. All that means is that ivermectin probably won’t kill people who take it for covid.
    After paragraphs and paragraphs I guess you’re aware that I don’t think “taking Ivermectin… Works great against Covid.”

So who exactly are you addressing here?

You were the one trying to explain why people are going ‘ivermectin! Ivermectin!’ I was simply explaining why those same people are inconsistent in their logic.

It's really like much of alternative medicine. There may not be much evidence for it, but it's *probably* not harmful. Ginko biloba may not improve your memory, but it probably won't kill you. Oh wait bad example the FDA approved Alzheimers drug probably also doesn't improve your memory.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information