Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you thought you would never do....

Things you thought you would never do....

I remember my mother watching tv .. sitting straight up... and sound asleep. I never could understand how she could do that. Now, it happens to me too. It is very irritating. The good news is I usually record so I can rewind and still see the whole program.

Lose my relationship with my son.

You are not alone Yppej. My situation is not the same but the loss of my son is heartrending.

Pay for storage. Long term.

i can’t say I am actually doing that, but I am all in for DH to rent storage for his hideously huge bedroom furniture that he probably will not be able to let go.

when we bought the Hermann house I *foolishly* (what an idiot I was!) told him it was ok to get this 1970’s bedroom set from his father’s house in another state. His parents had it for 30 years of our marriage because I refuse to have it in my house.He drove there to pick it up and installed it in the BIG Hermann bedroom that was formally a garage. There, plenty of room and also it was just a beater house, I was not picky about how eveything looked.

but we turned that big bedroom into a kitchen/dining room and there is NO bedroom now in the .Hermann house that will hold it. I can just see him cramming the entire thing into one of the small square bedrooms. This furniture was made for long rectangular rooms of the 1970’s.

so, if we need to rent permanent storage for this crap, ok. If I can just throw money at this problem to make it go away, I am ok with that.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-21-21 at 6:42pm.

Never entered my mind that I would experience a world-wide pandemic in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Never entered my mind that I would experience a world-wide pandemic in my lifetime.
    Yes about the pandemic, but that I would find complete contentment staying at home visiting via Facetime, walking the dog, plus attending church services, theatre, opera, etc., via zoom and Youtube , Amazon delivery in a few days (I refuse to pay for Prime). It is an amazing experience.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I’llCome back to this thread because yes I am currently doing or have done in the past, things I’ve said I would never do. That is why now that I am old I truly try to catch myself when I’m thinking “I would never do that! “

On the depressing side... watch my child die.

On a more up-beat note... the traveling I have been able to do. I never imagined I would go to some of the places I have been to or have some of the experiences I have had in this lifetime (so far).
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    On the depressing side... watch my child die.

On a more up-beat note... the traveling I have been able to do. I never imagined I would go to some of the places I have been to or have some of the experiences I have had in this lifetime (so far).
    It would be very difficult to see one's child die; sorry it was part of your experience.
    Yes to the travel. It used to be one took one big trip in a lifetime if one was fortunate enough to be able to do that and return home. Now travel is routine.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Scuba dive. I was afraid of the deep end of the pool when I started!

Thread Information