Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you thought you would never do....

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    It used to be one took one big trip in a lifetime if one was fortunate enough to be able to do that and return home. Now travel is routine.
    That's just it, travel was never - and really still isn't - routine for me! It was always either a lack of time or money, which is why I'm so surprised as to how much I have actually done! (and where!!)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Not really sure why this is in the family matters section with how it started.

Mine would be have a mortgage again.

I never thought I would amount to much in life so pretty much doing anything is something I thought I'd never do. Never thought I would work for the Police. Never thought I would live in the boonies of Southern Maryland. Never thought I would live debt free since my 40's.

Yppej
    Hire an unlicensed contractor. I didn't check until it was too late, trying to get a ceiling that was coming down replaced. Got a recommendation from someone I used before who is licensed and insured and assumed his peer would be also. Oops. Hopefully everything goes well today.

I was so excited that my hygienist is permitted to polish teeth again, and my teeth were polished during my cleaning appointment yesterday! Whoever would have thought I could be excited by such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Hire an unlicensed contractor. I didn't check until it was too late, trying to get a ceiling that was coming down replaced. Got a recommendation from someone I used before who is licensed and insured and assumed his peer would be also. Oops. Hopefully everything goes well today.
    but jeppy, what does “licensed” mean? Here it just means someone pays a business tax to the city. It does not address his competence.

Or maybe you mean you need licensed electrician to perform work authorized only by a person approved to perform that work. you talk about ceiling work but I don’t know if you really need an electrician.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Scuba dive. I was afraid of the deep end of the pool when I started!
    I love stories of people who overcome fears to find their passion! Kudos, Tradd!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Tradd, that’s a huge leap from where you started. I had no idea.

I say some of the things my mom did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Scuba dive. I was afraid of the deep end of the pool when I started!
    I remember you telling us this and how your friend at the time was so supportive. How many years ago was that? You have made such strides ahead!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information