Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Delta Variant.....

To Rob's original question, I do think we are likely to get shut down again if the numbers continue to climb, as we were shut down and wearing masks, etc. for a long time, and the mechanisms are there now, and people are used to it. So it would not surprise me if we went through another phase with school shut downs etc.

It would upset me, but it wouldn't surprise me. Once something like that happens, it's likely to happen again. Sort of a socio-political entropy.

Yppej
    So happy I was able to get the electricians, blueboard guys and plasterers in since it would be especially uncomfortable for them doing physical labor in the summer heat to wear a mask. I should probably try to expedite a few other things in case restrictions are slammed on us again.

It's not like these guys get to sit in their air conditioned house working on a computer throughout the pandemic.

So glad you're making progress on the house, Jeppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    So happy I was able to get the electricians, blueboard guys and plasterers in since it would be especially uncomfortable for them doing physical labor in the summer heat to wear a mask. I should probably try to expedite a few other things in case restrictions are slammed on us again.

It's not like these guys get to sit in their air conditioned house working on a computer throughout the pandemic.
    I would probably tell workmen they don’t have to wear a mask if they’re working in my own house. The construction guys in Hermann arent gonna do it anyway despite what I say. They’re doing a lot of outdoor work anyway.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-24-21 at 1:19pm.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would probably tell workmen they don’t have to wear a mask if they’re working in my own house. The construction guys on Herman I’m gonna do it anyway despite what I say. They’re doing a lot of outdoor work anyway.
    I think Missouri never had a mask mandate? When Mass did I only had one person in when the hot water heater died and we both wore masks.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    So glad you're making progress on the house, Jeppy.
    Yes, slowly but surely.

But there is NO entropy pushing shutdowns really. There might have been a bit of bravado in doing it early in the unknown, but that's LONG gone. And they weren't strictly obeyed anyway and were less and less over time - so you want to talk entropy. None of the shutdowns came from the local level and the state isn't necessarily doing badly in cases. And they let the hospitals get overwhelmed for Christmas shopping. Let that sink in, because that is what happened. They didn't want to shut down in xmas shopping season, and more people died when the hospitals got overwhelmed as they had to turn people away. And the hospitals did get overwhelmed, I heard it from those working there. But for awhile there they did close the outdoor parks so there is that .

Schools, yea noone really knows there, I guess, since the whole kids can't get vaccinated thing, so I could see issues arising there.

Air conditioned "house" yes, but really you are assuming a single window box A/C in a hot apartment that concentrates heat, and would otherwise be 10 degrees hotter than the outside temp which is in the 90s, works better than it really does. But it's okay, the A/C works. Btw I do know how an actual house with an attic a big old shade tree feels as that's my mom's house, it's actually cooler than the outside temp (10 degrees cooler rather than hotter), but thank heavens for A/C as apartments aren't designed like that generally.
    Trees don't grow on money

There is a wonderful Hawaiian four-day festival in my town this weekend. Last year it didn't happen. We always go as we love the music and dancing and looking at all the art and craft vendors. BUT, with the variant rampant now in my region, sadly we've decided not to go. Even though we're vaccinated. There are too many unvaccinated folks around here.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Ypejji, I am glad you are getting work done in your house. I told my movers that they didn’t need masks and they removed them immediately. It was hot when I moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I think Missouri never had a mask mandate? When Mass did I only had one person in when the hot water heater died and we both wore masks.
    in my own home, no one will tell me who must wear a mask.

I am fine with a state mandate that would support me in requiring it of workmen, if I chose to do that. My house, my choice.

Even if I was worried about them spreading Covid, and granted I would be somewhat worried about it, I would leave for the day while they worked on the house. I would come back when they are gone. It isn’t complicated.

Thread Information