Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Delta Variant.....

I’m actually preparing to sort of hunker down again. Work and diving. That’s it. I’m glad I’m set up at home to work out. I’ll either pickup or have groceries delivered. Don’t have to go into stores except for my allergy meds I have to sign for at the pharmacy or dive shop to get fills.

I love that the gov of AL blamed this on the non-vaxxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m actually preparing to sort of hunker down again. Work and diving. That’s it. I’m glad I’m set up at home to work out. I’ll either pickup or have groceries delivered. Don’t have to go into stores except for my allergy meds I have to sign for at the pharmacy or dive shop to get fills.
    Sounds like a good plan, Tradd. Stay safe and healthy!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I love that the gov of AL blamed this on the non-vaxxed.
    Yes. Unlike some here who like to blame me and other vaccinated people although I have not been linked to any cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yes. Unlike some here who like to blame me and other vaccinated people although I have not been linked to any cases.
    Boy, do you like to twist things to fit your own scenerio! I really don't believe anyone blamed you for giving anyone the virus. *I* said that I believe your behavior puts others at risk.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

San Diego’s case count has trippled in 3 days. Despite 71% of eligible folks vaccinated. If that rate continues it won’t take long before everyone there is either vaxxed, has had the illness, or both. Sooner or later that will likely be the story for most of the country.

Anecdotally I keep hearing about breakthrough cases among people I know or people who know people I know. I believe the government is only counting breakthrough cases if the people get sick enough to go to the hospital. Those numbers are still low but if vaxxed people are mostly getting less sick but are still getting mild to moderate cases and then spreading it then the infection rate is logically going to be higher than just what one would expect from only the non vaxxed population.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Anecdotally I keep hearing about breakthrough cases among people I know or people who know people I know.
    Also anecdotally, the summer cold has made a comeback recently, perhaps not every breakthrough case people report is an actual breakthrough case. Why Everyone Has the Worst Summer Cold Ever - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Also anecdotally, the summer cold has made a comeback recently, perhaps not every breakthrough case people report is an actual breakthrough case. Why Everyone Has the Worst Summer Cold Ever - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    I presented a story last week of 4 of 9 women who regularly hang out together that tested positive despite all being fully vaxxed. The response to that here was ‘why would they get tested for symptoms of a cold?’ Maybe because for a lot of vaxxed people covid presents as symptoms of a cold?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Maybe because for a lot of vaxxed people covid presents as symptoms of a cold?
    So why all the paranoia and urge to reimpose restrictions over something generally no more serious than a cold, if that? Why punish the vaccinated for the fact that others refuse vaccinations?

That's like saying no one should be able to drive because some people drive drunk, and because kids can't drive yet and it's not fair to them. (And no, the pediatric wards are not filling with children because covid doesn't target them.)

#IDidn'tGetVaccinatedForNothing

Even CDC ads on TV urge those ages 12 to 18 to get vaccinated so life can get back to normal, not so we can cower in fear forever. If we were 100% vaccinated there are those who would still want masks due to breakthrough infections no more serious than a cold.

When the news says unvaccinated people account for 95 or 97% of the covid hospitalizations, I assume these people are tested for covid to verify their illness. So I wonder about the other three or five vaccinated percent which they never talk much about, at least that I've heard. Are they old people or young, male or female, or any other demographic trend. I get the impression there is sort of a hush hush about the breakthroughs in order to endorse vaccinations. I basically think the breakthroughs are probably insignificant, but I don't think we know everything yet and can see a little added caution.

I've noticed in my routine shopping and miscellaneous outing there seem to be more people wearing masks. Small sample size.

When I look at a map of the world and see large areas like Africa with tiny percentages of their population vaccinated, I doubt that the Delta variant will be the last version to challenge the health system.

Thread Information