Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Delta Variant.....

I am not sure what you all are arguing about. It appears everyone on the forum is vaccinated and following their local rules whether they agree with them or not.
    even I don't know how many precautions I should or should not take due to Delta really. Maybe noone really does and since the world is one big conspiracy theory now (vaccines don't work, bargle garble!), one hears a great deal of garbage out there. But I try to see how things are actually going. Masks are required by law so not worth my time thinking about really (though I suspect it's largely unenforced). I'll wear a mask in indoor public places, but I'm not going back to full on hunkering down until we have that ebola outbreak pretty much (hey anyone hear about that untreatable fungus?). As far as worrying about things I can't much change, at this point in the coronavirus pandemic, I'd be better off worrying about climate change. I mean if one's only concern was the immunocompromised or the unvaccinated children (unvaccinated adults who just refuse a vaccine have chosen to die if they do), then maybe one would do nothing out in the world at all that one didn't had to. But we've been a year of that already ....
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

It appears to me that Covid is eventually going to go through our population similar to the flu. Unless you stay home all the time it will be inevitable. My sister is 75 with Copd so she is vaccinated and much more cautious for obvious reasons. That I understand. She only eats in outside restaurant, etc. I am no longer worried about dying from it with the vaccine and my huge weight loss. I am 67 with asthma and HBP but have done what I can to lower my risk. I was never so happy in my life to get a vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I really feel sorry for the people that canít be vaccinated for health reasons.
    What population is this?

Chemotherapy patients are the only exception of which I'm aware. I vaccinated a chemo patient. She and her Oncologist monitored her for a window of time the safest to take a chemo break and take the vaccine. She was thrilled to be getting it. We monitored her for 1 hour for side effects and she had none.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There are lots of immunicompronised people and people under age 12 who canít get vaxxed. Do they not matter?
    They CAN be vaccinated. The issue being studied is how much active antibody do they actually grow. Protection for them is not as high as the majority so their risk remains higher albeit lower than unvaccinated.

37.2% of the vaccinated solid organ transplant patients were positive for antibodies; 54.7% of the blood cancer patients; 82.4% of those with solid tumor cancer and 83.8% of patients with autoimmune disorders. In contrast, 94.6% of patients with HIV made antibodies.

Among patients with solid organ transplants, lung transplant patients had a particularly poor response to vaccination, with only 22.2% producing antibodies. Liver transplant patients fared best, with 60.6% of study participants producing antibodies after vaccination. Patients who received their transplant less than a year ago were less likely to respond to vaccination than those transplanted earlier.

We have a gal that works for us, whose grandmother was told not to get vaccinated. She is older, has several health issues, and has some of the allergies they warn about in the questionnaire. Her doctors told her not to get vaccinated as at least one medical allergy is life threatening.
    She didn't follow her doctors recommendation and got her first shot the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    We have a gal that works for us, whose grandmother was told not to get vaccinated. She is older, has several health issues, and has some of the allergies they warn about in the questionnaire. Her doctors told her not to get vaccinated as at least one medical allergy is life threatening.
    She didn't follow her doctors recommendation and got her first shot the other day.
    That's actually what I did. I just kept checking of no, no, no on the form, mentally crossing my fingers. I have had life-threatening anaphlyactic reactions, including from a vaccine, but decided I'd rather die with anaphalaxis than live the way we were living, cooped up without the vaccine and fearing we might give someone Covid.

I guess I am not inured yet to how fanatical the maskers are, because I was shocked to hear a public health "expert" on the local news say that vaccinated parents should wear masks inside their own homes to keep their children safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    They CAN be vaccinated. The issue being studied is how much active antibody do they actually grow. Protection for them is not as high as the majority so their risk remains higher albeit lower than unvaccinated.

[FONT="]37.2% of the vaccinated solid organ transplant patients were positive for antibodies; 54.7% of the blood cancer patients; 82.4% of those with solid tumor cancer and 83.8% of patients with autoimmune disorders. In contrast, 94.6% of patients with HIV made antibodies.[/FONT]
    [FONT="] [/FONT]
    Among patients with solid organ transplants, lung transplant patients had a particularly poor response to vaccination, with only 22.2% producing antibodies. Liver transplant patients fared best, with 60.6% of study participants producing antibodies after vaccination. Patients who received their transplant less than a year ago were less likely to respond to vaccination than those transplanted earlier.
    Thanks for the information. My bil had a transplant as well as cancer. He died in January. Watching what both sides of the family, especially my sister, went through to protect him during the year+ with covid was hard, amazing, brave, and beyond! My heart goes out to everyone with and helping those who are medically compromised. I can't imagine the fear and anxiety! Makes me realize how truly easy it is to wear a simple little mask.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I hear people saying, "I played your game and got the vaccine and now you tell me it doesn't work. I'm not getting a booster. Why would I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hear people saying, "I played your game and got the vaccine and now you tell me it doesn't work. I'm not getting a booster. Why would I?"
    Whine, whine, whine. Don't get the booster and die.

Thread Information