Thread: Plaster

Yppej

Plaster

I have read that some people are not painting their plaster because it is limestone and water and ecofriendly whereas paint releases VOCs. As my new plaster ceiling dries I am pondering this.

Iris Lilies as our resident architectural maven I would like your opinion as well as that of anyone else who cares to chime in.

I only buy no or low VOC paint (and have for many years), but I would leave something unpainted, assuming it looked decent, if it meant avoiding me doing extra work.

I agree with herbgeek 100%.

Yppej
    It looks very shiny. I will see how it continues to dry,

I have no opinion about painting plaster. It wouldn't occur to me not to paint it I guess.

Yppej
    I think I will paint it. Borrowed a long handled paint brush from my parents. I had one 20+ years ago but it must be a decluttering regret as I can't find it. Sunday will be 10 days since the plaster went up so I should be good then. Kicking myself that I did not think to ask the plasterers to leave up the plastic they had covering the walls. Now I will have to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I think I will paint it. Borrowed a long handled paint brush from my parents. I had one 20+ years ago but it must be a decluttering regret as I can't find it. Sunday will be 10 days since the plaster went up so I should be good then. Kicking myself that I did not think to ask the plasterers to leave up the plastic they had covering the walls. Now I will have to get some.
    why do you need to put up plastic on walls just to paint a ceiling?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    why do you need to put up plastic on walls just to paint a ceiling?
    Because I am clumsy and I don't want to drip paint on the walls, which have panelling on them, and maybe I can't get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Because I am clumsy and I don't want to drip paint on the walls, which have panelling on them, and maybe I can't get it off.
    Well, you know yourself so, ok.

Oh yes, I need to do ceilings first so i can cover up when it drips or I lean into it with the roller....this is all in the past, however. Now we call "the guy".

Thread Information