Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Agree With The Governor of Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    you damn white over achievers there in New England Land. Skew the data every time doncha!
    Yay, Vermont!
    Yay, New England!
    Yay, overachievers!

Yay, Governor of Alabama for stepping up to helping more people in her state stay healthy!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

Don't hate me because I and my state are vaccinated. Get your own state up to par and you too can say Delta Schmelta.
    I seem to remember Biden wanting volunteers in low vax states to go door to door to encourage vaccinations. Some state’s politicians though, as well as Republican media like Fox News, equates that idea to the government sending jack booted thugs to people’s houses and unequivocally stated ‘no effing thank you. We’d rather die of covid.’ I’m paraphrasing, of course but the snowflakiness they exhibited at the idea of having to have conversations with rational, logical people face to face was remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    An individual who has stated that it's time to blame the unvaccinated for the spread of the Delta variant? Rob
    The vaccinated did not create the Delta variant. Fact. Who is spreading it? Well, it is being contracted by vaccinated people in addition to unvaccinated as it's virulence is greater so at this point, anyone contracting Delta is potentially passing it on. Hence, the new discussion about us returning to mask-wearing to protect the unvaccinated. My heart breaks for the children. The adults made their choices and deserve what they get but the kids............so much for a fun school year.

The Delta variant is Darwinism at work, killing off the ignorant who don't believe in the science of vaccines.
    If only this were true.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    If only this were true.
    The one town with an outbreak in my state has been traced to Fourth of July parties. Who invites unvaccinated people to a big parties? Someone who is ignorant.

Come to my party and die. Talk about a frenemy!

The one town with an outbreak in my state has been traced to Fourth of July parties. Who invites unvaccinated people to a big parties? Someone who is ignorant.

Come to my party and die. Talk about a frenemy!
    Bear Week in Provincetown is the week beginning July 4th. It’s just one big party all week all over the town. I only have a couple of friends that went this year but I have at least three friends of friends who are breakout infections because they were there. From what I’ve heard there were several bars/restaurants where employees were displaying symptoms while working. Between them and customers having it or getting it from them it’s no surprise that it was a big spreading event.

I don’t understand why people would go to a super spreader event but hey whatever.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Bear Week in Provincetown is the week beginning July 4th. It’s just one big party all week all over the town. I only have a couple of friends that went this year but I have at least three friends of friends who are breakout infections because they were there. From what I’ve heard there were several bars/restaurants where employees were displaying symptoms while working. Between them and customers having it or getting it from them it’s no surprise that it was a big spreading event.
    Speaking of a gay related spreader event - We were thinking of perhaps bussing it Executive Class - meaning by US standards it's beyond expectations/acceptable - to Puerto Vallarta to stay at the Hotel Mercurio, a gay hotel in the gay neighborhood of this city. I'm not the gay resort type - I'm not the beach type - this isn't the trip I would personally choose. But I have gotten my way a bit and it's time for me to compromise. And then splat! Delta and the associated realities - not going. Even with shots I don't want to mess with all the variables a once much simpler trip like this entails these days.

Looks like Nogales/Tucson/El Paso until further notice. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t understand why people would go to a super spreader event but hey whatever.
    Don't drop dead of shock IL but here I mostly agree with you. To explain it - even we were considering a vacation to Puerto Vallarta - the environment in the area we were interested in is super spreading in action. Too many people too close if the neighborhood is to remain profitable and viable, at least for tourism. And beyond that - we are both introverts, no? Many are not introverts and are more than ready to plug back in to large events/crowds. It looks like human nature is going to run right up against Mother Nature on this one as many humans want to reconnect as things once were but the virus is mutating and has other ideas.

At any rate - my take on why people are attending these events. Rob

Wait, Bear week doesn’t have anything to do with hunting bears? I ask because Diana in Wisconsin (people, remember her? No you probably don’t) is happy during this time of year because her husband leaves for bear camp and she gets to relax. I guess bear camp goes on for many weeks.

That said, I think I would like Bear week. I kind of like wide, hairy men. I don’t mind if they wear flannel.Could I come and just watch?

Thread Information