Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Agree With The Governor of Alabama?

Yppej
    Yes, and I also blame the Federal government for not closing the borders as New Zealand and Canada did, thus allowing the variant to come into the country.

The Delta variant is Darwinism at work, killing off the ignorant who don't believe in the science of vaccines. If it were mainly killing unvaccinated children I would be concerned, but it's going after adults who can get the shot and just don't want to. So to me it's Delta Schmelta, no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If it were mainly killing unvaccinated children I would be concerned, but it's going after adults who can get the shot and just don't want to. So to me it's Delta Schmelta, no big deal.
    Ahhh... spoken with true compassion... NOT! But I expected nothing less from you. And, yes, that is a judgement about YOU on my part - but compassion schmassion, no big deal.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Ahhh... spoken with true compassion... NOT! But I expected nothing less from you. And, yes, that is a judgement about YOU on my part - but compassion schmassion, no big deal.
    Hey I'm going on with my life and I'm HAPPIER than HAPPYstuff who gets all stressed out about the poor anti-vaxxers.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...ace-ethnicity/

If we are going to engage in large scale blame, Rob, should we dig into some statistics to see which ethnic groups are most to blame? That allows us to more narrowly focus our vitriol.

Hey I'm going on with my life and I'm HAPPIER than HAPPYstuff who gets all stressed out about the poor anti-vaxxers.
    Compassion is not stress and, yes, I'm proud to have it for everyone - including you, not just poor "anti-vaxxers". And I won't illustrate the posts you have made about "how" you are going on with your life.

Sigh... still sending prayers, but done calling you on your idiotic, selfish, and stupid behavior - you are intelligent enough to know what you are doing and saying - whether for attention, sympathy, simple human contact - whatever. Others can or not as they see fit. Prayers to both you AND your son. Glad you are both seeking help.

Truly done with you directly, but still sending prayers.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Should we dig into some statistics to see which ethnic groups are most to blame? That allows us to more narrowly focus our vitriol.
    I'd like more information on why that is so though. Anti-vax conspiracies? Fear of being charged for the vax? (this is also misinformation but I did get a "not a bill" saying I owe). I suppose if one is an illegal immigrant one has a level of fear always there about interacting with "the system". And we're looking at high overlap with poverty so I wonder what else is going on.

Btw the highest vaccination is not white people, it's Asians.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Compassion is not stress and, yes, I'm proud to have it for everyone - including you, not just poor "anti-vaxxers". And I won't illustrate the posts you have made about "how" you are going on with your life.

Sigh... still sending prayers, but done calling you on your idiotic, selfish, and stupid behavior - you are intelligent enough to know what you are doing and saying - whether for attention, sympathy, simple human contact - whatever. Others can or not as they see fit. Prayers to both you AND your son. Glad you are both seeking help.

Truly done with you directly, but still sending prayers.
    I've lost track of how many times you've said you're done responding to me. Probably once a week on average.

Yppej
    New Mexico is a majority minority state and ranks 10th in percent of of population vaccinated, so top 20%. Maryland is also majority minority and is even better at #6.

The District of Columbia is majority minority and comes in at #13. Hawaii also majority minority is #17, followed by majority minority California at #18.

Source:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-march-15.html

Note the link title says 3/15 but the article was updated 7/23 based on data through 7/22.

Maybe the reason minority stats are not better are all the white New Englander overachievers who skew the data.

#1 Vermont
    #2 Massachusetts
    #3 Maine
    #4 Connecticut
    #5 Rhode Island
    #7 New Hampshire

You see why I feel so safe going out and about maskless?

Don't hate me because I and my state are vaccinated. Get your own state up to par and you too can say Delta Schmelta.

New Mexico is a majority minority state and ranks 10th in percent of of population vaccinated, so top 20%. Maryland is also majority minority and is even better at #6.

The District of Columbia is majority minority and comes in at #13. Hawaii also majority minority is #17, followed by majority minority California at #18.

Source:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...-march-15.html

Note the link title says 3/15 but the article was updated 7/23 based on data through 7/22.

Maybe the reason minority stats are not better are all the white New Englander overachievers who skew the data.

#1 Vermont
    #2 Massachusetts
    #3 Maine
    #4 Connecticut
    #5 Rhode Island
    #7 New Hampshire

You see why I feel so safe going out and about maskless?

Don't hate me because I and my state are vaccinated. Get your own state up to par and you too can say Delta Schmelta.

you damn white over achievers there in New England Land. Skew the data every time doncha!

I've always taken it as better (more pro-social etc.) values in some parts of the country. Whereas in the wild wild west here, it is what it is. *shrug*

Alabama is nearly 70% white and only 1/3 fully vaccinated.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information