Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Agree With The Governor of Alabama?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Do You Agree With The Governor of Alabama?

An individual who has stated that it's time to blame the unvaccinated for the spread of the Delta variant? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    An individual who has stated that it's time to blame the unvaccinated for the spread of the Delta variant? Rob
    I don't think "blame" is productive at this point in time and in these circumstances. I think there are other alternatives that might actually be more productive. While I don't have definitive suggestions, I will say that I do like the ads I've been seeing put out by NY about getting vaccinated. Very positive, in my opinion.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What’s your point in asking this question?

Are you actually reading threads here? If you were, I would think you would see plenty of “blame “and talk about “shaming” the unvaccinated people.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-25-21 at 3:50pm.

Well since vaccinated people can spread it, though probably to a much lesser degree of course, no. I mean if they actually said that they should say something more likely to be accurate, like unvaccinated people are to be blamed for rising hospitalizations, this is likely so. Are we actually trying to get at the facts here or terrified someone might be shamed or not shamed. Oh heaven forbid. Talk about snowflakes.

They should have just had a 4th stimulus, paid everyone to get vaccinated, an extra $600 but you have to take the vax and prove it (haha but our medical system is not organized enough to show that I guess and everything is too corrupt). You don't want it? That is your right. But no $600 for you. Maybe then we would have 90% vax rates. Better than the alternative of another wave hitting a lot of virgin immune systems, better for the healthcare system, for the economy etc.. It would pay for itself really. Apparently Delaney was arguing this. Thinking more outside the box than I would have thought of him. But then we kind of got the weakest possible candidate from the Dems pretty much, but had to put it up with it, as it meant Trump-be-gone.
    Trees don't grow on money

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What’s your point in asking this question?

Are you actually reading threads here? If you were, I would think he would see plenty of “blame “and talk about “shame quote for the unvaccinated people.
    IL, I'm very time crunched these days and can't read as much as I used to in my f and b days. Now I've got a lot less time - but at least there's money saved at Navy Federal Credit Union to show for it. At any rate, I have not yet read any commentary here regarding the Governor of Alabama and his recent quote. Rob

I think there is plenty of "blame" to go around, including many governors downplaying the virus, refusing to close things down, and taking a dismissive attitude in general to "own the libs". Only snowflakes wear masks. Don't let fear rule you. Like a miracle, it will just disappear.

So sure, the virus continues to spread due to low vaccination rates. There is that. But it sounds to me like those in charge are doing one of those "don't look here, look over there!" things that politicians are famous for.

And the governor of Alabama is a woman.

Nope.

I certainly don’t think it’s helping.

In a state with the lowest vaccination rate in the country it's probably a significant factor, but not the only thing.

The governor of Alabama is Kay Ivey--a woman.

I tend to agree with her blunt assessment that COVID immunization is all about common sense, but that's probably the first and only time I'd agree with her about anything.

Thread Information