Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do You Agree With The Governor of Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Speaking of a gay related spreader event - We were thinking of perhaps bussing it Executive Class - meaning by US standards it's beyond expectations/acceptable - to Puerto Vallarta to stay at the Hotel Mercurio, a gay hotel in the gay neighborhood of this city. I'm not the gay resort type - I'm not the beach type - this isn't the trip I would personally choose. But I have gotten my way a bit and it's time for me to compromise. And then splat! Delta and the associated realities - not going. Even with shots I don't want to mess with all the variables a once much simpler trip like this entails these days.

Looks like Nogales/Tucson/El Paso until further notice. Rob
    I saw a video showing a huge flood in Nogales yesterday.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I saw a video showing a huge flood in Nogales yesterday.
    Yes. Parts of Southern Arizona including Tucson and Nogales got hit hard yesterday. This has been an amazing monsoon thus far - for Tucson to date it is the wettest on record. And SO's family in Nogales, Mexico has had some roof damage in Colonia Kennedy. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Wait, Bear week doesn’t have anything to do with hunting bears? I ask because Diana in Wisconsin (people, remember her? No you probably don’t) is happy during this time of year because her husband leaves for bear camp and she gets to relax. I guess bear camp goes on for many weeks.

That said, I think I would like Bear week. I kind of like wide, hairy men. I don’t mind if they wear flannel.Could I come and just watch?
    LOL. You certainly wouldn't be the only female there. And if you can occasionally say amusing things, as I suspect you can, you'll fit right in. Although you might want to dress a bit nicer than what you've described to us here... We went once a number of years ago and it was a good time. Not good enough to spend the money every year, but good. We have a number of friends who usually go every year (most didn't this year because of covid). They enjoy it because it attracts a global crowd of people, many of them year after year, so it's often the one time every year that they get to see some of their friends. Sort of like a big extended family reunion of mostly hairy, non-thin men with beards.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Yes. Parts of Southern Arizona including Tucson and Nogales got hit hard yesterday. This has been an amazing monsoon thus far - for Tucson to date it is the wettest on record. And SO's family in Nogales, Mexico has had some roof damage in Colonia Kennedy. Rob
    A friend of ours has been in Tucson for about a month now for work. The pics he's been posting on facebook are crazy, like the one where the hotel swimming pool had overflowed from the rain and was flooding the entire pool deck.

3/4 of the Provincetown Bear Week infections were vaccinated people. Wear your masks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...wKZvsXhEW6VRVg

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    3/4 of the Provincetown Bear Week infections were vaccinated people. Wear your masks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...wKZvsXhEW6VRVg
    "But few were hospitalized."

The latest statement from my state government is wear a mask indoors if you are vaccinated and immunocompromised.

Thread Information