Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Food prep day

My dad has diverticulitis, I seed a lot of things. So he can eat them. He doesn’t like dried tomatoes, although, I’m not sure how I would seed those.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    My dad has diverticulitis, I seed a lot of things. So he can eat them. He doesn’t like dried tomatoes, although, I’m not sure how I would seed those.
    I was thinking tomato juice or aspic, maybe--but that makes perfect sense.

I’ve never worried about tomato seeds. Or skins for that matter. I stick blender tomato sauce so the already soft seeds get ground up into liquid.

I’m also a fan of using the dehydrator and making sun dried tomatoes. Keep them as dried in the fridge and then a day before I want sun dried tomatoes I put what I will use in olive oil with a little basil garlic and salt.

Food prep day is underway! Have the sourdough made and rising on the counter, cookies for my mechanic made (car getting dropped off today to be worked on tomorrow - I like to bake for them - lol), and breakfast egg dish for the week is in the oven. I'll be starting on the fridge - seeing what is in there and figuring how to use it all up.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Made spaghetti pie for dinner and have another in the freezer. Also have some chicken in mango sauce for later in the week.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    for example - last night I filled the dehydrator with green beans to make snacks.
    Finally did a batch of green beans on the dehydrator. Little olive oil and some sea salt and then left on overnight so they would be REALLY dried and crunchy. I love them! Thanks so much for this!

Thread Information