Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Food prep day

We do find that cooking on top of the stove heats up our small kitchen, but the crockpot might be a good way to go.

I'm a big proponent of prepping, but have not always been diligent about it. Since my life is changing next week (retiring) I hope to reinstate it!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

CONGRATS KayLR on your retirement!!! Anything in the works to celebrate this momentous occasion?

No, no celebrations. My staff bought me lunch today and DH took me out for steak last night.

No big plans yet besides getting a haircut on Tuesday. DH & I are going on a road trip in September. Really looking forward to that knowing that we have no set date when we have to be back.

I feel like I'm stepping from a ledge. I have worked since I was 15 years old. I am positive I will never be bored; I have a lot of ideas and opportunities to volunteer, etc.. I just think I need to sit and figure out whether having a routine would benefit me. I think if I don't come up with some kind of plan I might become too complacent. My greatest worry is becoming my mom, who became very sedentary and reclusive.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

When I “retire“ (by which I mean ‘quit’ since I have no retirement from my job) I will probably become reclusive. Because I mostly don’t like adults and we live in a society where I could get arrested for trying to socialize with children.

Today I made two breakfasts worth of rice pudding and two lunches worth of egg salad and put one of each back in the fridge. I also dried a dehydrator full of kale chips for snacking, and bought a case of peaches to can. Dinner was a plate full of fresh corn on the cob, which might be a sign that I’m not cut out for batch meal planning.

Congrats, Kay. And enjoy your trip!! I can't imagine have no deadline to return from travels - enjoy!

Dinner tonight is just some tomato and basil soup... from a can. LOL. (Actually isn't too bad! LOL)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Today I made two large batches of soup which is about 10 servings. It all goes into our freezer.

DH bought a dozen ears of corn at a local farm but the corn was just awful. That’s pretty unusual to have fresh picked homegrown corn be this bad. So I sliced it up and made some corn soups.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-30-21 at 6:04pm.

All this talk of minestrone soup... I couldn't stand it any longer!!! Big pot cooking on the stove as I type.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today I made two large batches of soup which is about 10 servings. It all goes into our freezer.

DH bought a dozen ears of corn at a local farm put the corn was just awful. That’s pretty unusual to have fresh pet homegrown corn be this bad. So I sliced it up and made some corn soups.
    Nice you were able to turn it around and use it!

Thanks everyone. The soup turned out soooo good! I have two small dinner portions in the freezer and some "leftover" in the fridge. It turned out more like a stew than soup, but either way was well worth it.

I'm thinking tonight will be easy pork roll and cheese sandwiches with salad.

Thread Information