Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: France's solution to the pandemic and those unvaccinated

France's solution to the pandemic and those unvaccinated

French President lays it on the line.

Below is the summary of Macron's speech yesterday in France announcing measures for those who do not want to be vaccinated. Already today there were a million appointments to get vaccinated

"I am in favor of the French line right now. I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us. "

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen) Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary. "We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine" "I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Wow, I think this is awesome! Enter the protesters!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    No surprise there. This is a country where you can't wear a yarmulke, a cross, or a hijab to school. It is much more collectivist and much less focused on individual liberties than the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    No surprise there. This is a country where you can't wear a yarmulke, a cross, or a hijab to school. It is much more collectivist and much less focused on individual liberties than the United States.
    Agreed. The lockdown of freedom in France isnt something I want us to emulate.

I have been shocked multiple times when Reading about limitations in France. The last time was this: French government upheld law that forbid POSITIVE representation of Down’s Syndrome kids in advertising around abortion.

When I looked for a citation for that I ran across this shocker below. Granted, I do not know if this is an authoritarive source. It seems unbelievable to me, but then like I said, I have been shocked multiple times about France’s casualness re: rights of the individual. This in the home of the Marquis de Lafayette, drafter of Declaration of The Rights of man. Mon Dieu.

https://lejeunefoundation.org/france...down-syndrome/

IMO we are never going to end the pandemic unless all people get vaccinated. It will be interesting to see how fast their lives get back to normal and if additional variants arise or, if so, how fast. We are in a pandemic and drastic measures must be taken. No one should have the freedom to infect others IMO. It is also shocking to me that this is a political issue instead of a medical and moral one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    These issues you mention are not something that affects the entire population and causes death. A pandemic is another matter entirely.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    IMO we are never going to end the pandemic unless all people get vaccinated. It will be interesting to see how fast their lives get back to normal and if additional variants arise or, if so, how fast. We are in a pandemic and drastic measures must be taken. No one should have the freedom to infect others IMO. It is also shocking to me that this is a political issue instead of a medical and moral one.
    Do you think we should jab the needle in the newborn as soon as it pops out of the womb? Babies slobber and are very germy.

Where I am the only big group not vaccinated yet are babies and little children. Most of the adults have their shots - more than the herd immunity level of 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    These issues you mention are not something that affects the entire population and causes death. A pandemic is another matter entirely.
    Someone capable of abstract thinking will be able to draw connective lines between
    Jane Doe’s religious apparal outlawed today and our own religious apparal outlawed tomorrow.

France, multiple times, outlawed modest apparel on beaches. Yes it’s true look it up. It was not a national approach if I remember correctly, it was various jurisdictions acting independently. But still, shocking. Imagine the police hauling someone off to jail because “lady, you have too much clothing on! You can’t do that in public! “

I don’t personally see much connection between rules about apparel and rules that benefit public health. Probably a better comparison are rules about driving and rules about public health. Maybe we should eliminate drunk driving rules? Undoubtedly some people would like the freedom to drive drunk or ignore stop signs.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I don’t personally see much connection between rules about apparel and rules that benefit public health. Probably a better comparison are rules about driving and rules about public health. Maybe we should eliminate drunk driving rules? Undoubtedly some people would like the freedom to drive drunk or ignore stop signs.
    There’s an overall lack of respect for individual rights in France. That is the abstract generalization.

A driver who is truly drunk is impaired 100% of the time and when operating a multi thousand pound vehicle, he is a danger 100% of the time.

A citizen who is unvaccinated is not a threat to other citizens 100% of the time, plus, there are ways to mitigate a potential risk such as —communing outdoors only and in small groups, staying distanced, wearing masks properly.

I see nothing wrong with citizens exercising social censure with their friends and relatives who do not get vaccinated. There’s nothing wrong with shaming them or staying away from them and telling them why. But that is not The action of a centralized government.

Thread Information