Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to declutter household hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudan View Post
    And how would you decide what to respond on that question if you're holding some screws?
    Or something else that you can't predict when you will need.
    Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or never..

How do you clean your floors without a vacuum? With a brush or what?
    I don't have carpets either but I still have a vacuum cleaner
    I have a brush broom I use on hard surfaces. I hate vacuum sweeper’s, putting them together, cleaning the inside, cleaning the rollers when hair gets caught in them and it gets stuck, changing out the bags. I’d like the simplicity of a good broom.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have a brush broom I use on hard surfaces. I hate vacuum sweeper’s, putting them together, cleaning the inside, cleaning the rollers when hair gets caught in them and it gets stuck, changing out the bags. I’d like the simplicity of a good broom.
    Ok, you are thinking of sweepers. They're pretty rare in Sweden.
    I use an Electrolux Ergospace, really small and 13m (42ft) reach is enough for my whole apartment.
    Sure, I have to replace bag sometimes but that's really no biggie.
    In my eyes, cleaning the broom from hair and dirt is much worse

PXL_20210803_153431011.jpg PXL_20210803_153536189.jpg

I just use brooms and wash the floor sometimes. I didn't even know you could vacuum non-carpet.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I just use brooms and wash the floor sometimes. I didn't even know you could vacuum non-carpet.
    Sure you can! I don't have any rollers, it's just plain against the floor.

tuotesivu_ERIKOISSUULAKE32-35mmPUTKEEN_7331449001215_a589d4cbabefcbc2aabe6af33f939b3b_4.jpg

I have laminate floors and they don't like water, so I only wash them when it's really necessary.

I decide how much room to dedicate to something like this (supplies, hobby, etc.) Decide what fits in about 80% of that space and the rest goes. You will have to make a lot (A LOT) of decisions, but at the end, you'll have what you really want and need. What is left is easily accessible and contained.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I decide how much room to dedicate to something like this (supplies, hobby, etc.) Decide what fits in about 80% of that space and the rest goes. You will have to make a lot (A LOT) of decisions, but at the end, you'll have what you really want and need. What is left is easily accessible and contained.
    That's also a great tip! I really appreciate all of your thought guys
    Dedicate a certain space that it should fit.. I will definitely consider that one!

I decided that what I wanted to keep was the quantity I wanted as an immediate store, and one back. That was the minimum where I felt I had "enough."

So, if you're comfortable with 6 screws of each type, keep 7 and discard the rest. I use this with everything: sheets, screws, apples, toothpaste.

The hard part is figuring how much to keep as an immediate store.

Try dividing the quantity in 1/2 first. Is that too much pulled? Is there still too much to keep?

Or, as an alternative and I've done this too. Figure out how much space you want to give to storing this type of stuff, absolutely. Fill containers til you use all the space. Discard extras.

So, decide how much to keep, an extra as a guide. Or, decide how much space you're will to give this type of stuff as a guide.

I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    That is how I started when I moved up here the first year, in a seasonal situation. But when I decided to move from my 2000 sq ft house to this 770 sq ft cabin, I had a place for my Miele vacuum cleaner, so I brought it and I do use it. But I like keeping things simple with just a straw broom and diluted vinegar as a cleaning agent.

My first year I considered buying one of those Dyson "sticks" but I am really attached to my Miele. It's a very high quality product.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

When we move from here I will probably be asking you all what kind of stick vacuum cleaner to buy. I will want one eventually. Well I think I need one for upholstered in furniture, right? I dunno.

I only own a robot vacuum so the furniture doesn’t get vacuumed.

Thread Information