Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

DH took his piles of metal to the scrap dealer yesterday. He came home with over $200.

We have someone coming to take away two metal wardrobes we have had in the attic for 45 years...They were too big for much use and I am so glad to give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    DH took his piles of metal to the scrap dealer yesterday. He came home with over $200.
    Good for him! Decluttering for profit is a great thing!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Got rid of some mismatched bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.

Yppej
    Used one of the two gift cards I received. Came home and put the other (partially used) away and I was crying remembering when DS gave it to me and was still in my life.

Gave my son an heirloom from his grandmother, and the waterproof watch and down jacket his Granddad wore. "Lent" granddaughters three antique Polish dolls from the doll lending library--if they never come back, that's fine, but usually they trade them in and take another for a month or so. Gave that family a jigsaw puzzle I completed.

Husband got rid of about three contractor bags full of stuff from the barn, no idea what was in there.

Still have not touched the books.

Went to craft weekend with siblings. Gave a glue gun and a little folding type - standing bag to hold little things, to two of them. Suitcase I used also saw its last trip and ended up in the garbage. Came home with the stuff from the suitcase in a reusable grocery bag. (I pack light - lol) So, 3 items down.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    My notebook of gardening notes since I'm giving up vegetable gardening.

My DW cornered my DD on her last visit to quiz her about some of her stuff she still has not taken to her new home. She has been married over a year and keeps putting it off. Anyway we got rid of a box of her knicky knacky things so we met some head way. We had "personal sized" watermelon sitting on the kitchen counter, unknown to me it had a knife hole in it - probably from picking and rotted and was wept a big mess on the counter and under all the cook books. It was a sticky mess, but it gave me opportunity to clean them up and pull out several cookbooks that we never use and they too went to the donation box.

My wife got rid of a clothes basket that we never use, as well as a blanket. Shredded a big pile of mail - does that count?

Maybe we will tackle the garage, on Labor Day. Have to really psych myself up for that one!

Thread Information