Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Threw out a small-ish box of old cosmetics and bath stuff. Today I have spent about 4 hours sorting, photographing, (& uploading, editing) office attire from my closet to sell on Poshmark. Already seeing people sharing and showing interest! 17 outfits hopefully gone soon. Cha-ching!

Also made a donation pile of stuff not worthy of online selling.
    Is Poshmark mainly brand name/high end clothing?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Is Poshmark mainly brand name/high end clothing?
    Not in my case, it isn't. But no, I see mid-range labels posted. Of course, the higher end, the more you can ask for. They give a recommended range.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have decided to give up my dream of vegetable gardening. Despite adding manure and using mothballs and netting I cannot beat the animals. Next year I am only going to grow herbs, which they generally leave alone.

So at some point I will take apart and get rid of the raised beds. Admitting you have a problem is the first step....
    I've pretty much done the same thing. Only growing herbs and tomatoes now. Just not worth all the time and energy. I keep my herb pots close to the house so I can just run out and snip some quickly if I need to. That would also deter animals unless they're particularly brazen.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Not in my case, it isn't. But no, I see mid-range labels posted. Of course, the higher end, the more you can ask for. They give a recommended range.
    Thanks for the explanation. I've heard it mentioned often by different people and sort of assumed it was mainly higher end stuff.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I have some tomato cages in the basement I will take to work, see if anyone wants, and if not put in the dumpster there. Since I will have time to make up from the electrician I may not do it right away since I will want to clock in as early as possible, but probably by the end of the week I will start on it. I am thinking I have three or four days worth of that and some very open trellis type fencing to take in. I have finished with the concrete stepping stones.

Today is our city's bulk recycling day. We're getting rid of some block foam, 2 table leaves to a table we no longer have, an old microwave and an old grill that doesn't function.

Yesterday I cleaned out my kitchen linens. Lots of raggedy dishcloths gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have some tomato cages in the basement I will take to work, see if anyone wants, and if not put in the dumpster there. Since I will have time to make up from the electrician I may not do it right away since I will want to clock in as early as possible, but probably by the end of the week I will start on it. I am thinking I have three or four days worth of that and some very open trellis type fencing to take in. I have finished with the concrete stepping stones.
    I know one of our local community gardens was looking for tomato cages. There might be a similar need in your area.

Working in the storage room again today. Found a box of curtains from my husband's apartment that he lived in ovet 24 years ago. Put them in my trunk to take to the dumpster at work. Moved the remaining hot rod parts into the attic with the rest. Room is looking really nice now. Even the oldest mentioned something about it this morning.

I returned four items to stores today!

Yppej
    No one at work wanted the tomato cages so I put them in the dumpster. I will have one more load of them when this year's garden is done.

Thread Information