Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

2 pair running shoes, 1 sandals, fanny pack, 2 back packs, 6 Polo tee shirts, Franklin Planner & accessories, a bunch of original boxes for electronics, sun glasses, DVD.
    Shredded a bunch of files. Too hot out to go work in the yard, so I decided to clean and organize a bit.

My GPS broke and is in the trash. More incentive for me to get working on a phone with data.

Culled a number of books and looked up value for those to sell. Two more bookcases to go.

My back felt better so I brought another slab of concrete from the basement for the work dumpster. There are two more after that. There are also two chunks that are too heavy for me that will stay there. One was the base for a clothesline and another a swing set, both long since demolished.

I found paper plates, plastic silverware, cups, etc that I used for outside parties. Giving them to a friend of mine that camps.

Gave a neat old wind up Timex that I had gotten for my dad to my son yesterday.
    Ran out of birthday wrapping paper and used up some old Christmas wrapping paper that I had gotten for my dad to use when he was in assisted living.

Found a HUGE model airplane kit that my SIL must have given my husband before we got married. It was still in the original box. It's from a place that sells expensive stuff for people who like unique or modern stuff. Can't remember the name but it's German or something. Obviously my husband didn't have any interest in it so it will get put in my trunk and left on the loading dock for someone to take if wanted. I might also take some of the model trains that my husband bought for our sons who have zero interest in them and stick them on the loading dock as well.

Broken dresser drawer and all the miscellaneous crap that was in it

Hard floor shampooer that hadn't been used in a really long time.

Threw out a small-ish box of old cosmetics and bath stuff. Today I have spent about 4 hours sorting, photographing, (& uploading, editing) office attire from my closet to sell on Poshmark. Already seeing people sharing and showing interest! 17 outfits hopefully gone soon. Cha-ching!

Also made a donation pile of stuff not worthy of online selling.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I have decided to give up my dream of vegetable gardening. Despite adding manure and using mothballs and netting I cannot beat the animals. Next year I am only going to grow herbs, which they generally leave alone.

So at some point I will take apart and get rid of the raised beds. Admitting you have a problem is the first step....

Thread Information