Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Tybee, I had the dream the night of 8/3. Not sure what day she posted about the garage. Just looked and that dream is definitely IL’s fault).

Good for you, rr! What a wonderful task to undertake! Good luck with it.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A blanket that our former day care lady made for my youngest. Not being used and just taking up space in the linen closet.

Yppej
    Things that have been sitting in my basement for many years are continuing to go to the work dumpster. Side railings to old steps went earlier this week and today I am starting on these heavy, ugly pieces of concrete that were stepping stones in the yard for the previous owners. Taking one every day it will be about three weeks' worth.

Is it still considered decluttering if the items are only in your house long enough to be gone through and discarded? Got a bunch of stuff from the new vet office I took my cats to tonight. Bag full of info brochures and books along with some items like a wet can lid and small bag of dry food. Tossed most of that including the bag because I don't need any of it. Well versed in how to take care of cats, don't have left over cans of wet food that need a lid to be stored, won't feed my cats that crappy brand of dry food, and don't need a bag for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tybee, I had the dream the night of 8/3. Not sure what day she posted about the garage. Just looked and that dream is definitely IL’s fault).
    oh no! Sorry, but haha!

Yppej
    I usually have butternut squash soup for lunch weekdays and it stains the plastic spoon. Rather than trying to clean it and often not succeeding I am tossing the plastic spoons. I have a lot of them, including ones from my DB and DSIL when they moved over 10 years ago. Once I'm through them I want to start using a metal spoon that doesn't have the same ridges on the back that are hard to clean.

Oh gosh, yeah, get rid of those spoons!!

We are working on organizing the barn, and last week I got rid of three paint roller handles, an old ikea cd holder we never even put together, old dry wall tape, two paint cans.

We are going to start on the boxes of books with idea of halving them.

Going to take 3 things of Clorox Bathroom Bleach Foamer into work on Monday and ask the Facilities guy if the Custodians want them. I got them during the pandemic when I couldn't get my usual Scrubbing Bubbles. I never ended up using them and I don't reach for them when I run out of bathroom cleaners because I have my Scrubbing Bubbles again. I don't like the spraying mechanism on it as it tends to spray too much and is harder to wipe up.

Yppej
    One of our customers is a brewery and I had a beer from them sitting in the back of my fridge for a few months now that I finally passed off to my brother. I also continue to make toothpaste with the baking soda in there. Somehow I ended up with two containers of it in the fridge.

Thread Information